I made a small guide to Arma 3 Epoch

ImSoEnigma

Yeah I just figured since I was bored I'd write about three general things in the game that some people have questions about.

Things that would have greatly helped me when I started out.

*How do you get "energy"

*What are Epicenters and Shipping containers?

*How do you build a wall with a door?

*How to build in general

*What is the Multi Gun and how does it work?

*How do Tipi's work

*How do you tame dogs

These are some of things I struggled with when I started playing and there really wasn't a lot of help out there to explain them oddly enough.

*How do you get "energy"

Energy is gained by standing in certain areas such as Windmill and Solar Farms. Your character will gain 5 energy every 10 seconds that you are close enough to one of these "Energy Stations". Also, you can gain energy when sitting in a vehicle that is running. Energy is used for building and also Night Vision goggles.

*What are Epicenters and Shipping containers?

These seem to be random spawns in the world. They appear on your map represented by a red dot.

The Epicenters are Ore Veins. They look like a black/brown rock jetting out of the ground. You can destroy this rock by damaging it with guns or a sledgehammer. After you have destroyed the rock you can "search it for precious gems and ore. Gems can be sold to traders for Krypto and I believe ore can be crafted into materials (although I have not done this yet).

Shipping Containers appear on the coast and sometimes inland near the swamp area. You can open the door on them to reveal a box inside that can be looted. Loot generally seems to be focused on building materials such as cinder blocks, scrap metal, mortar, etc. Although I have also found backpacks and other loot in them as well.

Once an ore deposit or shipping container has been looted it does not disappear from the map. So be careful when pursuing these items. Bandits could be waiting for you.

*How do you build a wall with a door?

Useful info on the wiki can be found here. http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Wooden_Wall_Upgrades. To get you started you have to find an axe or a chainsaw to harvest wood from a tree. Once the wood is in your inventory you can double click on it. This will open up the crafting window and you will be able to craft a "lumber pack" for every two wood that you have. Now, double click on the lumber packs and you should be able to craft a studded wall that can then be upgraded using the command Control+i function.

*How to build/craft in general

Crafting material such as wood and metal can be double clicked while in your inventory to open up the crafting menu. This will show you what you can build with the particular ingredient. If you have "Energy" you can activate building modes by pressing 1 or 2 on your keyboard. I believe 1 is for snapping and 2 is free build mode. Controls on this can be found on the wiki.

*What is the Multi Gun and how does it work?

This is a magical gun that to my knowledge is not a weapon. It is a multipurpose tool that can be used to revive players, heal players and fix vehicles. It works very much like a gun. It replaces your pistol slot and you can add modules to the gun depended on what you want it to do. For instance, you can find a revive player module, it can be fitted to the barrel of the gun via the drag and drop function of the inventory. Once it has been attached you will need an "energy pack". These look like a small square battery. It also attaches to the gun if placed into the magazine slot. Now you are ready. If a friend goes down you will have roughly 9 minutes to revive him. Simply walk up to your comrade and shoot him with the revive module. This also works on vehicles when you have the vehicle repair module installed.

*How do Tipi's work

Think of Tipi's like a tent. They are used for storage. You can build one with 4 pelts and a piece of wood. The pelts can be harvested from animals, and also the Sapper enemies which are the monsters with no arms that blow up. The tricky part of the Tipi is figuring out how to store your loot. To "access" the Tipi simply stand inside and press your inventory button which is the letter (i). You will notice that instead of the inventory showing the "Ground" you will see a new option listed as "Crate". Anything you put into the Crate option is being stored in the Tipi. Don't be alarmed but you will see all of you stuff piling up on the ground. This is normal. You can also build a metal shelf for storage using scrap metal.

*How do you tame dogs

If you want to tame a dog you need to acquire some animal meat. Place the meat onto the ground when a dog approaches you. He will consume the meat and the dog will now be "tamed" Although right now I see no benefit to doing so as there doesn't seem to be anything you can use the dog for.