Increase in Desync with Increase in Base Count and such...

Disabled

Been playing since the beginning of both A2 and A3 Epoch. A2 runs on crap and we all know it, server lag, restrictions, desync etc is inevitable, and Epoch is running as best as it can on A2, I'm sure. What I started noticing lately after the 0.2 wipe, of Arma 3 Epoch, is that lots of bases are appearing due to the availability of locks attached to player groups, with it the desync has increased as well. Every day i notice more and more de-synchronization and it saddens me.

At this rate we will soon be playing on 54 player servers because they wont be able to handle any more people. Today we had a fire fight by the Airfield, owning everyone as usual, getting closer to restart the desync was just too much so it we were wiped simply because we haven't seen anyone and then "i'm dead", after which a yellow broken chain appears and people who shot us right near us. Its not about dying, we love dying, part of the game, better clan wins, better positioning wins better shots win, but when its lag......its not fair play. If a few weeks ago we could ride cars behind each other in a convoy now its nearly impossible because the person in front of you might just appear standing right under your nose and you end up exploding when he is actually 200m away still driving.

Once again, in a short while we will be playing good old fashioned Arma 2 Epoch but with better graphics, same glitches, and same desyncs and restrictions.....I don't know if this issue can be even addressed here, if the Epoch Devs are even capable of doing something about it or is Arma 3 just as shit as Arma 2. I hope I'm wrong about all of this but this is by far the best game i have ever played in my entire life  I just love the server, MGT, its players and the Admins and I don't want to quit it AGAIN like i did with it under A2.

Are you playing on an official server? You may want to try another server as it sounds like the server you are playing on may have increased the vehicle or base limits too high and are now running into the age old Arma netcode issue. This issue is even worse in A3 due to the vehicles causing a massive network and cpu load due to PhysX and is why we have a vehicle simulation handler. Without this simulation handler even 50-100 vehicles would cause a massive performance hit client side. Our default settings should provide good performance on most servers provided the player count is not too high for the CPU speed, etc.

Hello ,

i can say the same. On the MGT server i also played a while but when they increased the slots to more then 60 the server starts to get worse and worser with the desync. I and many other told the admins about that but for most of them the game seems to run good.

We have choicen now a 60 slot server because the performance is alot better.

I've dropped the vehicle count to the stock limit now and it runs considerably better.

Good, it was not playable anymore, to much desync, when we run around in a group, we saw the massiv desync, I changed to GPDE02 there is no desync like it was on your server. Quality is better then quantity, It is better to play on a server with 50-60 ppl without big desync, than on a server with 80+ ppl with masiv desync, I hope BI will find a way to handle more ppl and more objects on the same time.

Thanks MGT. We will definitely provide you with necessary feedback. Thanks for dropping the vehicle spawn, and don't ever drop it under 80 players hehe. Daniel and Nasdero its not the amount of people its the amount of vehicles due to physics as the Developer said, please pay attention!

Disabled, i just can say what i have perceived on my medium rig PC.

Please dont only pay attention to users with high end PC´s who tell us their felling ;)

Thats the point with vanilla mod or slightly changed mod.

Maybe a suggestion :

Vanilla ( nothing in the mod has been changed )

Epoch Dev´s would it be possible to add a small icon or sign when we join a vanilla Epoch server?

Is it possible for you that we users see, oh this is a server has settings recommended by the Dev´s ?

And when only one variable is changed by the server admin your Vanilla Icon would disapear !

That would be a VERY nice feature!

Best regards,

Daniel