Frequency jammer should be easier to build or find it.

devil1975

I think the frequency jammer should be easier to build. 9 salvage metal are too much in my eyes. Our group of 3-4 members now searching 5 days and found maybe 9 metals. We lost also also several when some of was killed or some one stolen our inventory of tipi.

I think its ok that metal is hard to find, because you can not make a big base so fast. But you need a fj to start.

maybe the fj can be normal loot like lockboxes or so, that you can find it at normal trashpiles.

at the moment is it boring to search every day salvage metal.

I would like to see more upgrade options for the stud walls as not to use metal, so you can make wood walls with plywood sheets too (á la epoch for arma 2). We are a rather large group, but the drop rate for the salvage metal has stumped us (we've found 20 (out of which we could keep about 12 sheets in total since 0.2.0.1)) and we lost most of them in the lockbox spectacle.

There are a lot of car wrecks around, perhaps there could be a mechanism for salvaging metal from those, like there was in Epoch for arma2?

I would like to see more upgrade options for the stud walls as not to use metal, so you can make wood walls with plywood sheets too (á la epoch for arma 2). We are a rather large group, but the drop rate for the salvage metal has stumped us (we've found 20 (out of which we could keep about 12 sheets in total since 0.2.0.1)) and we lost most of them in the lockbox spectacle.

There are a lot of car wrecks around, perhaps there could be a mechanism for salvaging metal from those, like there was in Epoch for arma2?

We've been considering more ways to obtain them from salvaging, but we can't clean up wreckages already baked into the map.  Will be addressed moving into the next patch.

We've been considering more ways to obtain them from salvaging, but we can't clean up wreckages already baked into the map.  Will be addressed moving into the next patch.

Well, hmm.. what if you make the ones that are baked into the map interactable, and make it chance-based to be able to extract some scrap metal from them (and make'em "empty" until next restart)? And don't remove the wrecks?

You don't need a jammer to start a base you need one to secure a base which is an achievement something you earn. Costing 9 metal is beyond reasonable to me because you can hide loot in other places while you earn your jammer

I know that we can build without a jammer. But why should we do this if every can move the objects? ;) in my opinion: first need a jammer to build something. And 9 metal for a jammer is too much i think.

But its an alpha and everything can changed and thats my hope for the future. :) and for the devs i think its important to know what the players are thinking.

btw: i like epoch. Thx to all who are involved in the development.

I know that we can build without a jammer. But why should we do this if every can move the objects? ;) in my opinion: first need a jammer to build something. And 9 metal for a jammer is too much i think.

But its an alpha and everything can changed and thats my hope for the future. :) and for the devs i think its important to know what the players are thinking.

btw: i like epoch. Thx to all who are involved in the development.

Even if everyone can move the object you already built, They cannot steal/Store the object. the worst thing they do is to disassemble your construction, but you lose nothing.

Even if everyone can move the object you already built, They cannot steal/Store the object. the worst thing they do is to disassemble your construction, but you lose nothing.

i m losing the time that i invest to build it. in this time i can search for salvage metal ;-)

This would the same like: first i make a fire lightning, then i go hunting for meat. :-)

We search everywhere. Big cities, small cities, shipping containers, epicenters, military and so on.

salvage metal at shipping containers?

The best place to find high amounts of scrap metal are shipping containers, they don't always have metal, but most of the times I have found that they do. The second best place are the trash piles, a map of them here. The salvage metal only spawns in those loot containers, so you won't find them in furniture or houses, only shipping containers and trash piles.