Quickly on Gamma and NVG

Vanguard

As it stands now, raising the gamma completely eliminates the need for NVGs.

If possible to level the playing field as much as we can, the gamma and brightness needs to be locked. So that NVGs and energy is the only way to play in the dark and have some abillity to see.

If you are like me and likes to play with NVGs at night, those that raise their gamma will have a big advantage and are in my mind, exploiting to some degree.

Not sure if a mod for a game can disable a game setting like those but if you can, please consider it. =)

Maybe not lock them completely but lower the max gamma and brightness you can raise to.

Could you post a screen shot? Because for me, even with gamma and brightness, far off things are pretty much solid blue and close things are still pretty hard to see well, so nvgs are actually a large advantage. Gamma/brightness helps a little bit, but not much.

I've been discussing this subject since A2,

As far as what most people told me,

While possible, it would be useless to implement as it does not lock out your monitors options to manualy increase/decrease gamma/brightness.

on a second note, The "Bright moon"  cloudless nights "help" the Gamma/Bright effect , When its cloudy/raining Bright/gamma does not work as well.

First off to all complaining about the gamma and brightness, To Remove this is wrong, All Monitors and HDTV's have different correction modes and everyone has different Eyes on how they see in game. Also Anyone with a Good Monitor has Black Equalization. SO How you to block those people. Do Not Block this option.  

Jacking your gamma up in game is hardly comparable to the use of nvgs. Not sure why you're bent about it. It seriously isn't that helpful. Turns everything blue with minimal visibility and heightened strain on eyes. Computer side gamma change is worse and can literally make your game day. Can't stop people from doing that.

I know that if you turn the gamma up, it does allow you to see things close by better. BUT if you are trying to see that sniper at range or even a player in the rocks or bushes then only the NVG's will get rid of the shadows and allow you to see. 

In my opinion don't mess with this at all. After all, if you were in the dark for a while your eyes would adjust and allow you to see much better than the game shows.