New Zombies for Epoch

Dobrowney

I tacked this onto my Suggestions/Questions Thread a short while back. (Hoping that the Dev's are reading through it and not just thinking "This guy again!")

It would fit into the whole 5 years after quite well with zombies getting slower/degrading over time.

Really looking promising with mmmyum doing some outstanding work!

I have played on this guys test server for a bit. Overall the zeds do not really cause fps problems now. I was running around with more then 100 zombies spawned and was still holding 55 fps . It also sounds like it allows the server to fun faster too. This would be the best thing for Epoch. This mod has to be setup buy the modders .. Players will just not install addons..  And why would you not want your mod to fun faster. More FPS means more players able to play in one server. WIth these changes you are likey going to see 100 slot Dayz servers coming up .

Aside of this we are talking about zombies likes what we can see in walking dead for example and not infected anymore. The gameplay would be far better with zombies than infected if they spawn in numbers ... Can you imagine the dramatic situation overrunned by 100+ zombies ? Freaky !

So, yes, this mod is a must have for improving server performances and the gameplay.

I've also tested mmmyum's server out. The highest number of zombies I've seen in an area (according to the debug monitor) was 550 and I didn't notice any drastic performance drop (was hovering around 35-40 fps). I also tried to attract as many as I could by firing shots and running around - grouped up 75-100 zombies and didn't notice any fps drop. 

This update to the zombies leaves almost no lag to the client and they claim to get over 50 fps on the server. Sounds amazing. I think the zombies too can be fast running or slow moving or both. That part can be customized. This update is  made for the modded like epoch and other mods trying to push dayz into a new game. Having the zombies not hit the client and server so hard will allow them to use that power for other things.