[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

• 4 weeks later...

sry to say but read last line on github

BUG : Vehicles disappear using DZAI variable

Next year follows the integration of DayZ Bandit AI ,the current AI will be removed then

No they don't! I have the version you sent me via PM up and running, and vehicles stay there.

"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)  && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {" \n

this is the line I have in the cleanup

thx Schultz will test it !

# unit skins changed

# increased timer for major and minor mission

# testing several hacker cleanups at the moment

New Cleanup: Vehicle disappearing fixed but will be removed after restart !

"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !(typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""Parachute"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {" \n
Edited by Fuchs

DZAI is the AI u will have to use for 0.2.3

The dzai will be fully implemented next year .

Merry X-Mas

Dont use sarge for patroling vehicles or chopper patrol !

U will get a massive fps drop if u use it ! I dont say sarge is a bad AI but trust me u will get a massive fps drop !!!

Change dzai variable to sarge as it was for 0.2.1 ;)

0.2.1 with sarge ai

https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System/tree/0.2.1

0.2.3 Update on Github https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System/tree/master

The DZAI variable caused some troubles with the DB.

Changed all back to sarge variables vehicles were staying until server restart !
Edited by Fuchs

Small question ? Why the DZAI variable ?

U dont need it..

For Loot:

U can use the permaloot (didn't check for correct spelling) variable to prevent server removing Loot Crates.

For Vehicles

DZAI already has code in place to stop server deleting its AI Vehicles.

U can use the same DZAI function (DZAI_protectObject) to prevent vehicles getting removed, vehicles aren't saved to the database.

Or u can use epoch server funtions to save vehicles to the database.

Eitherway will there is no need to edit the server cleanup fsm, when u are using DZAI.

-------------

Also u guys should replace the timer code... Its in badly done, and can get itself stuck in a loop & possible to cause an temp fps drop.

Posted a replacement code section for u guys, several pages ago.

Small question ? Why the DZAI variable ?

U dont need it..

For Loot:

U can use the permaloot (didn't check for correct spelling) variable to prevent server removing Loot Crates.

For Vehicles

DZAI already has code in place to stop server deleting its AI Vehicles.

U can use the same DZAI function (DZAI_protectObject) to prevent vehicles getting removed, vehicles aren't saved to the database.

Or u can use epoch server funtions to save vehicles to the database.

Eitherway will there is no need to edit the server cleanup fsm, when u are using DZAI.

-------------

Also u guys should replace the timer code... Its in badly done, and can get itself stuck in a loop & possible to cause an temp fps drop.

Posted a replacement code section for u guys, several pages ago.

I hope they take your suggestions. This can definitely be the best mission system for Epoch!

Is there a reason that the missions are being put in a folder called "missions"? With the latest Epoch, there's already a folder called "Missions". Maybe change it to "EMS"?

You can still put it in that folder but it will be un-organised and will hold the chernarus.11 files too. Will still work, just if you are ocd it will bug you.