New Security Sucks!

afetogbo

The key system would be nice in addition to the original system. For example You the person that places the object gets to use the old guid system. and you get a key/pin to use on the item. you can give your friends the pin or the key make copies of the key and give it to your clan. But you the owner has no need for such trivial things.

With the new system getting killed means someone steals your hard earned vehicle. At least before they had to blow it up or strip it.

I see what you mean but I like the new system for adding more pressure upon everybody. Plus before, your stolen car had less potential outcomes. Now there are more, especially when the thief could well have your original key for it too. You could find it and have a spare key to retrieve the vehicle, or if you have no spare, find it and stake the area out to exact revenge.

The problem I see with vehicle keys on public servers is that, even if you have a spare they'll still have a key.  Without the ability to "change the locks" you're still screwed if they know where you've built your base.

We are looking into re-keying the locks.

We are looking into re-keying the locks.

Good to hear.  I don't mind the key system, but this would be extraordinarily frustrating on a pub server.  I can't imagine spending my hard-earned 10oz gold bars just to have someone come in and steal my SUV because they stumbled upon my body before I could get back to it.

Good to hear.  I don't mind the key system, but this would be extraordinarily frustrating on a pub server.  I can't imagine spending my hard-earned 10oz gold bars just to have someone come in and steal my SUV because they stumbled upon my body before I could get back to it.

Exactly.  Best thing is shooting a guy as his ride is falling from the sky.  Last thing they see is a parachute dropping a vehicle they will never use.