TRADERS NOT WORKING

alienhippie

Question

hello today im bring an issue up that really gets on my nerves. so today i updated my epoch server to 1.0.2.4. and i log in an everything and i got to a trader city and went to a trader and got stuck on "loading items..." so i wait 10 minutes and still stuck on that "loading items...." i didnt have this problem in an early version 1.0.2.3.

i have battleye off i run the server private ( meaning only i can play it) and the server is not connected to the internet i use xampp and navicat lite to run/edit the server i have no custom scripts ( self-bloodbag, halo jumping ETC.) i also run the server LAN

ANY WORD OF HELP WILL DO AS LONG AS IT IS CORRECT

I second this, having the same issue as OP. My .rpt logs show everything is gravy. All my server files are not modified only mission pbo is modified.

Edit: even when restoring database from Epoch SQL File; Traders only show "Loading..."

We potentially had some trouble with the traders on Chernarus. Obviously one bit of missing code can mess the whole lot up and from experience, all the traders do is "Loading.....".

When 1.0.2.4 was put on, we had no sell value for a few items, I remember one being the SD Scar ammo at the Hero trader. I put it to 2x 10oz silver and did the other couple to what they should be and they work fine, but we didn't test the traders out before making this change. Perhaps skim through the trader_data table and see if anything stands out?

There's nothing I can see in the epoch.sql to explain why there were missing values.

Are you overriding compiles.sqf in your mission file?

If so you might need to grab the latest compiles.sqf from dayz_code.pbo (client files) and merge your changes into the new file (or vice versa) - there are a few public variable name changes which caused this to happen on my server.

Post from Shizweak helped me alot.

But there is one little problem. If i have 8 gold in my inventar and want to buy a sandbag for example i can not cancel the trade, so i'll have 4 sandbags in my inventory and no gold at the end ;( any solution?

1. Reconstructed the trader's tables.
2. Merged our self bloodbag with the new fn_self
3. Merged the new compiles.sqf into our mission file. (Only mod is going to the modded fn_self)

We're still having the same issue. Traders just show a "loading" status.

i try but no work..i take notice that with the new update they change all in the mission.pbo..change all the file and folder (for example init.sqf don't contain the starting loadout lines ecc ecc).why they modifie all and no one tell you how to import your older file and setting to the newer?

I just fixed this after many hours.

Pretty much every file in the top level of the Mission.pbo has been ammended. So you need to download the new Epoch default PBO and re-script them to what ever you had changed before.

Also, 1.0.2.4 has moved the compiles.sqf location to "ATPExclusion\compiles.sqf";

Also, in Server.pbo - there has been some new files added - but from what I can see only the servermonitor and serverfunctions have been updated - so I made a few personal ammends to them and now everything is working.

This took me many hours to figure out - Epoch .4 has changed pretty much every file. 

Ringo

www.voodoogamerz.com

Still not fixed for me.

I've manually went through all of my mission PBO Files using WinDiff. I've made sure my fn_selfAction and Compiles in my mission.pbo match the 1.0.2.4 client files save self-bloodbagging. I've wiped out our server files and replaced them with vanilla 1.0.2.4.

Yet the issue still persists.

Still not fixed for me.

I've manually went through all of my mission PBO Files using WinDiff. I've made sure my fn_selfAction and Compiles in my mission.pbo match the 1.0.2.4 client files save self-bloodbagging. I've wiped out our server files and replaced them with vanilla 1.0.2.4.

Yet the issue still persists.

Is your custom compiles.sqf pointing to the right directory?

Well after 10+ hours of troubleshooting i found the problem with my server.  I am hosted through Vilayer and i used their updater to do the update on my chernaurus epoch server to 1.0.2.4.  Everythign went great, and vilayer is a bad ass company - but they fucked up and here is how:

my Server_traders.sqf was the one for the wrong map.  At the top of my server_traders.sqf it says this

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 17

Chernarus instance = 11, not 17.  So maybe you guys should give it a look and hope it helps you out! It was killing me!