"Invisible" vehicles.

Frankv120

Question

Hey everyone,

As of a few hours ago i had a player of my server report about his vodnik that has dissapeared after a server restart. As always i first told him to trace his steps, but he could not find it.
So i went into the server and noticed 2 of the vehicles that were supposed to be at my base were gone too, while they haden't been touched for atleast a few days. 
I checked the database after that and noticed that the worldspace of the vehicles was the exact same as it was supposed to be, but they just weren't there. As the title suggest you can't see them and they are not there when walking or driving on the spot where they are supposed to be.

I tried restarting the server again but this didn't help. We didn't change anything in the mission.pbo or on the server itself since last friday, and the issue only started to day.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and/or how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Ninja Pirate

7 answers to this question

I bet your server is hosted with HFB and they have already pushed the 1.0.2.4 database schema that renames the armed vehicles from _DZ to _DZE. I assume this is for the vehicles started with no ammo change. Anyways your sever is still running on 2.3 and it has no idea what a _DZE vehicle is thus they don't become visible. 

Either rename the vehicles in your database back to the _DZ version or update the server to 2.4 to get those vehicles back. 

i am using 1.2.0.4 have posted elsewhere in this forum too... the DZE model of the vodnik does not appear nor does the DZ version after installing this update GAZ_Vodnik however does but ofc its the already armed to the teeth version players report and i confirm buying vodnik saves item and key to db no item appears... all old vodniks on server that had been renamed also dissapeared from map BUT were still in the database

Usually the modular base objects eat the vehicle on restart. Not too sure why this happens.

If you have the vehicle near a DayZ Epoch base building object, move it away and test it out then.

In the database, check if the damage value is 1.

Kind-sir, this "eat" is intermitent? I started my server and had multiple players talking about missing vehicles on their bases. I closed the server and restarted it again, then the vehicles are ok.

If player disconnect and reconnect to the server, this can solve the "eat" problem? Without server restart?