hiveext.ini - building despawn time

drunkenjawa

Question

Me again!

With a question about hiveext.ini now - I opened this the other day to alter the building despawn time to -1 (we have a low pop server) however couldn't find an entry in there under [objects] that said:

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6

Which is what I assume I'm looking for. I entered this myself anyway as CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1 and we're running 1.0.2.1 at the moment. Will this still work to disable the building despawn since there was originally no entry for it? I'm worried because a lot of work has gone into some of these structures, and some people have limited play time so won't be able to get on within 6 days to maintain their buildings.

13 answers to this question

That should be fine.  We're using the same flag.  But, your bigger concern should be your lack of backups.  You will invariably get a hacker who despawns/blows up everything.  What will you do then?  

My guess is you're using vilayer or some other hosting provider.  Make sure you have a scheduled task in there to backup the database every few hours at least.   

Yeah we're using survival servers - however it's a private hive, just me and a group of friends, there are about 10 or so on at any one time. So basically we have the extreme luxury of being able to run without BE enabled as well as having no fear of hackers. But, your backup idea of at least once a day, is still a very good idea - will definitely look into that!

And thanks for confirming that! I wasn't too sure since the entry wasn't originally in that file.

I see this topic in many places and yes I read the wiki and changed the hive.ini file cleanup to 14..................................didnt work

then I changed it to -1.................................didnt work..............bases are disappearing left right and centre

I also see pictures of people with castles and compounds as vast as some small countries and wonder why / how they do that , and its not maintenance as the amount needed to keep chateaus going would be a full time job for the whole team

inside 6 days

Would somebody who actually knows and uses their buildings beyond 6 days.help myself and the numerous other people out who have this ridiculously frustrating problem

much appreciated

One thing that I noticed is after initially putting this setting into my hiveext.ini it was deleted soon after. Someones base started despawning and when I checked, the entry was no longer there. So I put it back there and his base has stopped despawning now. So personally I'd recommend double checking that something hasn't deleted this from your hiveext.ini like it did for me

Hello,

A quick tutorial on how to change modular building objects decaying after x dayz, to an eternal life:

Step 1.

Open up hiveext.ini

Step 2.

Find this line:

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6 (or some other number)

Step 3.

Change the number behind the "CleanupPlacedAfterDays", to -1 so it looks like this:

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

Wait what? I don't have "CleanupPlacedAfterDays" in my hiveext.ini, or i changed the value but it isn't working?!

I had this too. Apparently the following solved the problem:

Extra Step 1.

Find this code in the hiveext.ini:

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBObjects = false

Extra step 2.

Add the following line directly below it (if you already have this line in your hiveext.ini, move it to here!):

So it will look like this when you're done:

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;ResetOOBObjects = false

Save hiveext.ini, and restart your server. You're done!

This makes the buildings to never decay (except when someone decides to take an M249 and go rambo on your base, they will get destroyed.)

You want to make the modular objects indestructible as well? Go here: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1673-how-to-cpc-indestructible-bases/

Well I've had this successfully in place for a while now. People have built some epic houses and spent LOTS of time on them!!

However now for some reason, even though this setting is still in place, peoples buildings have started to be cleaned up for no apparent reason. Is a dev able to answer this please because I'm at risk of losing the entire player base because of this.

[Objects]
;ResetOOBObjects = false

This is the code exactly how I have it at the moment in my hiveext.ini. It's been like that for ages now, buildings have only just started to despawn.

your first and more important issue is that you are using survival servers my experience with them was everything was broke and they dont have the time to fix it im guessing if your hive.ini is reverting back then thats another thing to add to the list of problems with survival servers