Default weapon config / fullmoonnights init.sqf hopefully simple!

drunkenjawa

Question

Well, this has kinda annoyed me for a while but it's never been a biggy, so I haven't really botehreed getting around to looking into it.

But the starting gear for my server never works. I'm just wondering if anyone can see what I'm doing wrong in this part of my init.sqf and possibly suggest some changes? Hopefully something simple like positioning or something. But my fullmoonnights and default weapons never end up working. This is the relevant part of my init.sqf here. Budget fix in to allow admins to teleport around lingor as we're sorting things out.

// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 0; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea = 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 5; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 400; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 200; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 12000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 25; // Default = 40
dayz_oldrefuel = true;
DZE_teleport = [10000,200,500,10000,800];
DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = true;
DZE_DeathMsgSide = true;
DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = true;
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"]; 
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemHatchet"]; 

Should the default weapons and magazines be in a different part of the ini or something? On my cherno 1.0.1.5 it used to work without any problems. Lingor though 1.0.2.1 it doesn't seem to have ever worked.

Any ideas?

We're moving to 1.0.2.4 as soon as it comes out I think.

7 answers to this question

I have just managed to get my default loadout working and I have had to make changes in two places not just the init file. This may be cause of the issue you are experiencing?

In your dayz_server\compile folder you need to modify the server_playlogin.sqf file.

Just comment out the lines you need to make the changes to. For you it is '_inventory = [];'

I copy pasted my code below for you to see.

//Variables
//_inventory =    [];
//_backpack =     [];
_survival =        [0,0,0];
_isInfected =   0;
_model =        "";

- Edit - 12/10/2013

Do NOT do this as it causes fresh spawns to enter the debug area as it removes the instantiation of the variable and causes errors. (See - http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1085-default-loadout/?hl=%2Bdefault+%2Bloadout)

I can confirm that adding/changing the init.sqf file values is all that is required.

See c0dyb1 for what should be added.

i just added

// Loadout config
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","FoodbeefCooked","ItemSodaPepsi","10x_303","10x_303","10x_303"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight","LeeEnfield"];
DefaultBackpack = "CZ_VestPouch_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

to my init.sqf and it worked

Well, after updating to 1024 this is all working again and I changed nothing in the command in init.sqf itself - apart from having this listed underneath the epoch events - prior to that, it was listed before this and simply didn't work. Working fine now though after updating to 1024 - shrug!