Dogs

DungeoneerCraft

I've played Epoch for 2 hours now and while travelling in a truck I found, I noticed a small military-like base. I looted the place and while looting, I had heard constant barking in the background. I ignored it, assuming it was my dogs in real life until I had gone down the steps of a tower to head back to my truck. There was a dog at the bottom of the steps called an Alsastian I believe (That was the name when I scrolled over it at least). I thought that it might attack me so I had my gun ready to defend myself if needed. The dog had stayed where it was so I began to move inch by inch towards it until I found out it was friendly. After spending a minute thinking of how I might be able to tame it, I decided to give up assuming there was no way to and that I'd not be able to keep it with me & ran back to my truck to continue travelling. I hit something while driving (Too dark to tell) causing me to flee from my vehicle before it blew up. I stayed near the truck & 2 minutes later, the same dog shows up.

With that I have started wondering if there is a way to keep the dog with me, as I don't want to kill it.  Considering the server I'm on is low pop & I have no friends who play Epoch, it gets lonely and having the dog makes the game seem a bit better. ;)

Give the dog a goat leg and it´ll be your buddy attacking snakes (there´s 3 solutions atm. - either wait till you are dead of poisoning, get killed or kill yourself) and remember to feed the dog from time to time or it´ll turn on you.

The dogs are still barking after you´ve trained it and will give away your location though - so the simple solution is to shoot them. Wish they would be more silent after training at some point in the dev. :)

Give the dog a goat leg and it´ll be your buddy attacking snakes (there´s 3 solutions atm. - either wait till you are dead of poisoning, get killed or kill yourself) and remember to feed the dog from time to time or it´ll turn on you.

The dogs are still barking after you´ve trained it and will give away your location though - so the simple solution is to shoot them. Wish they would be more silent after training at some point in the dev. :)

you can survive snake bites, you'll see as your toxicity goes down your body temp goes up, so you are basically sweating out the poision.  The way you survive it is by regulating your body temp by either using cold packs or going into water.  When in water your toxicity won't go down because you are not sweating but your body temp will go down, when your body temp is low enough go out of water and sweat out more poision, when temp is high again go back into water to cool off.

pretty awesome system so far

Will, I Tamed a dog before and i went a lonewolf to a town looting, I heard the dog barking and running into a direction, i followed the dog, and it was a Sapper, The dog definitely saved my ass from a horrible death. There is a possibility if the dog bark means the dog has detected a player or a sapper and its kinda an alarm for you to watch your back.

You do not have to feed the dog anything in my experience, that is a waste of food.

I have never had a dog turn on me yet, once they're friendly they just hang around, I don't think the whining is anything but random noise... until some other player hears it and now that pup is liability.

I've tames every dog that I've given raw meat too...even if the dog was going to another group member. I would wait till the dog is in sight and within 10ft, then I would lay the raw meat on the ground and back up about 2-5ft from the meat. the Dog will eat the raw meat and you should get the message that the Dog is Tamed. If it was a dog that was headed towards your friend, have them get behind you and do the same process, the only difference is, your friend will get the tamed message, not you.

My next test is to try and tame 2 or more dogs at the same time. As the other day, I tamed a dog, and about 10 min later, I had another dog argo'd onto me, but didn't have the meat to give it.

you can survive snake bites, you'll see as your toxicity goes down your body temp goes up, so you are basically sweating out the poision.  The way you survive it is by regulating your body temp by either using cold packs or going into water.  When in water your toxicity won't go down because you are not sweating but your body temp will go down, when your body temp is low enough go out of water and sweat out more poision, when temp is high again go back into water to cool off.

pretty awesome system so far

Thanx GungZA!!! :D

It´s sounds like this truly is an epic survival development - well obviously! Those snakes are a pain! Thanx again! o7