Base building is for nothing.

DrPepp3r

Just yesterday i found out about that 6 days after youre player dies, all of the things youve built is gone. That made me upset. If im spending alot time for crafting and building a base, and i die, what did i build that base for? this is just bullshit, and now i less want to build a base...

I dont know who thought about this shitty thing, but i hope you can/want to change it...

If i will die in real life, will my house disappear? Nope. this is just making the game unrealistic and nonsense, also less wanted.

PLEASE change it.

It's a server setting, its is set to default cleanup after 6 days. This is where maintenance comes in. When you maintain your building it will take another 6 days before it dissappears. You can disable this setting serversided changing the value to -1.

If you're the server admin, you can change it. If you're just a player then you should contact the server admin and convince him to change it or join a other server which has this setting disabled. We at DMIK have this setting disabled, you'll find the server info in my signature. Feel free to join.

I did not know this but can someone tell me which file and what code I would be looking for please.

From the wiki

Automatic Cleanup of placed items:

By default cleanup happens 6 days after item was placed. To change this edit CleanupPlacedAfterDays setting in the HiveExt.ini under the [objects] section.

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 14

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Configuration_Instructions

You will find lots of good things there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lobo......

We're running EPOCH .4 on an ST server and I cant find the file you referenced to alter cleanup times for buildings.  I also understand that changing the value to -1 disables it.  Any Idea where to look?  Is it in the Misssion or Server PBOs?  If so, is it a sub-file?

Thanks

rac

Pretty sure dayz.st doesn't allow access to HiveExt.ini

Dayz.st doesn't allow changes to the hiveext.ini, you'll have to contact them to make a change.

so if this setting is on and you do not have the database event running.. do the buildings still delete after the 14 days?  Or must users maintain to change the time stamps on their material in the database?

If you set it to 14 days players have to maintain every part of their base once every 14 days to renew the datestamp.

If you put it like this: 

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

It shouldn't clean up any building, but yeah if you run a server with 50 people on it the database will be bloated with objects as they remain for a very long time until you manually clean them up.