Items vanishing on the ground

1R0NS1DE

Question

i have just spent all the time i could finding supplies and buying supplies to build metal floors, i had 120 metal poles, 60 tank traps, 30 supply crates and 60 corrugated fences sitting on the ground, i had only just finished crafting the last of the scrap metal i had into metal poles so i could begin making 30 metal floors and the entire lot vanished in front of me.... has there been something new put in, all that time wasted.... i spent about 5 full briefcases and countless hours on this and it is all gone in an instant!!!

if there is a clean up script on the server that deletes stuff on the ground after a certain amount of time where would i find it and how do i change it so that it only deletes after a server restart

5 answers to this question

Am pretty sure this is standard dayz code. To change this would mean going against all of the previous experience of the vanilla dayz team.

Store your gear in a vehicle, lock box, safe, etc. You can even temporarily add gear to a fire (not many people know that) just don't light it or expect it to be there after a server restart :)

Anything in the floor will be robbed by passing survivors, Army units, even rabbits have been known to eat gear.

That's the way it is in this harsh new world.

NO, something was changed in the last 1 or 2 updates. I have noticed all the loot vanish in an area when the zombie bodies clean up, need to make it so the bodies clean up but not loot.

In the bottom of server_functions.sqf they added a clean up script I'm guessing that's the one.