DayZ Epoch Custom Map

XSYST

Question

Hello fellow DayZ Epoch Community,

I'm back again with a new question after my last issue was resolved by Graphical.

Now I just need a small little answer to the following problem:

I edited the Chernarus Map myself and added stuff like Barracks, Firestations and so on. After merging the original Chernarus Epoch Map with my Map everything ran good on my server, the buildings are where they should be and so on. Only problem, there is no loot in the new added building. I looked up some threads and most of the persons said that NEW buildings won't spawn any loot, with NEW i mean not the usual barracks like they are at NWAF. Since I use the usual barracks its not a new one so the loot should be there but it is not.

Is there any trick our hind that you could tell me? I also read up that I have to edit the mission file with notepad and change for example MAP_barrack to LAND_barrack and after doing that there should be loot. Well I did that to all of my buildings but now they won't even appear on the server.

I hope you can help me

Best regards

XSYST

5 answers to this question

I also read up that I have to edit the mission file with notepad and change for example MAP_barrack to LAND_barrack and after doing that there should be loot. Well I did that to all of my buildings but now they won't even appear on the server.

What exactly did you change? It's not always as simple as changing MAP_ to LAND_. For example, for medical tents you should change MAP_MASH to just MASH. You can use sites like this one to find the proper classnames. Also make sure you didn't accidentally delete any quotation marks or anything. You can usually look in the server logs to find out exactly what went wrong and where. The log file is a .rpt file usually found in the same folder as your Battleye filters and hiveext.ini.

Okay, my problem is that all those "LAND_" buildingt won't appear on the editor, every building starts with "MAP_" is there any way to fix that? It is really annoying to rename more then 500 buildings manually with the Notepad++