Make the map smaller?

FrankieG

I'm amazed at how low the numbers are playing this mod. I anticipated it to be rammed full of players fighting for spots on official servers. The truth is, apart from 2 or 3 full servers, there's not that many people playing it, despite the hysteria and interest prior to open release.

Regarding your quote of the game description, let me just say.........safety in numbers. Market place. But no, we have vulnerable lone traders dotted about the place.

I assume this is because: 

1- People expected  Arma 3 DayZ Epoch.

2- People expected  The mod to be in the same state as DayZ Epoch for A2  ( A3 Epoch is a Alpha )

3- People do not know what Alpha is, or Alpha testing, Or beta testing, They just expect there to be allot more content.

4- Script kiddy's  (Due to a Arma 3 security issue / i want the server files or else i'll poop my pants)

5- People expect Epoch to be the same as DayZ Epoch.

6- Building is currently limited.

There might be allot of confusion due to the systems not being exact as the A2 version, You could write a proper tutorial on the forums, but 90% won't read it + Early alpha everything can still be changed making it obselete.

Traders yea there's a few problems there, Head to the black onces for semi protection, But again, in this early state, the Dev team needs to collect more info before they can think of a way to prevent some of the issues that can be resolved.

Do note, Stocking up traders, have 50 safe zones, defeats the purpose of it being survival, Risk vs Reward n all.

So in a nuttshell

We have to wait to see what the future brings.

I'm amazed at how low the numbers are playing this mod. I anticipated it to be rammed full of players fighting for spots on official servers. The truth is, apart from 2 or 3 full servers, there's not that many people playing it, despite the hysteria and interest prior to open release.

Regarding your quote of the game description, let me just say.........safety in numbers. Market place. But no, we have vulnerable lone traders dotted about the place.

I believe biggest issue with players leaving are skiddies and the fact you are not able to hoard stuff properly. There is still not much point in the game except alpha test mechanics

Hype bubble popped when people started to figure out what alpha/testing means... I guess we're pulling in a lot of kids from Minecraft or something.  WAT WERS DA ZOMBIES AT YO!  It'll fill up every time there's a patch.  Once things are stable it'll be poppin'.  Myself, I haven't been playing for the last few days, been playing some other things, but once the new patch is out I'll be there to check things out fo' sho'.

One day, we'll have an engine that can hold more than a handful of players without causing the server to poop all over the place, and then we can have even BIGGER maps!  Anyways, I thought the general consensus always said bigger is better?