GUIDE: Installing Arma 3 Epoch Alpha with Epoch Launcher 0.1

Uro

I created this guide as there seems to be some confusion as to how the Epoch Launcher works - Remember the launcher is still in development and improvements where needed will no doubt be added.

DOWNLOAD THE LAUNCHER

Go to this page --> http://epochmod.com/download.php

Click the Epoch Downloader/Launcher 0.1 link to commence downloading the launcher.

INSTALL THE LAUNCHER

Locate the file you downloaded - usually in your Downloads folder.

Open the archive Epoch_Launcher.zip with an archive program of your choice  -  personally I recommend 7zip as it's open source.

Extract the folder to a convenient location

In the Epoch_Launcher folder you just exctracted double-click on setup.exe

A few warning's will pop-up about un-signed software, this is because it's beta. 

You are safe to click through these warning's and allow the install to continue.

Once this is complete create a shortcut to the "Epoch Launcher.application" file located in the Epoch_Launcher directory.

Put this shortcut on your Desktop for convenience.

RUNNING EPOCH LAUNCHER 0.1

Double-Click the shortcut you just created.

You will be presented with this window:

uhiTPW.png

STEP 1

Click on the DOWNLOAD button:

OeLslS.png

This will start a local torrent download of the client files and store them on your computer, and disconnect from the swarm when it has completed.

Once the download has completed and the progress bar will be all GREEN you are good to move on to the next step.

STEP 2

Click on INSTALL:

5VeSDq.png

This will copy the files downloaded via torrent to your Arma 3 directory.

This step is essential and mainly why I wrote this guide, due to people being excited to get access to the mod and forgetting this crucial step :D

STEP 3

You now have 2 options:

• Use the 1-Click option to join OFFICIAL SERVERS from the EpochMod.com website  <---- THIS IS RECOMMENDED DUE TO "FAKE" SERVERS APPEARING
  • Click on the PLAY button in the launcher to launch Arma 3 EpochMod:

LvudKl.png

After the game loads you can go to the multiplayer menu and use the Filter Option to filter for EpochMod.com servers and type in the name's of the server's on the official list.

However it is highly recommended to use the 1-Click connect options on the EpochMod.com Server's Page rather than the in-game browser atm due to the sheer amount of FAKE servers appearing.

Here's a video guide to installing the launcher created by another member of the community:

If you prefer following video guides rather than a text based guide then the video below is perfect for you. The guide shows you how to download, install and join Epoch servers within a few minutes. Allow you to spend more of your valuable time more productively. 

If you enjoy the guide don't forget to subscribe to allow you to view other guides as they are released.  

Thanks for watching 

http://youtu.be/CGtouUiMX0I

http://youtu.be/CGtouUiMX0I