Exploitation of Server Admin Controls / Abilities

Heisenberg_ZAF

Hi All,

I'm surely not the first or only person whom had some encounters with ArmA 3 Epoch Server Admins whom exploit (abuse) their Server Admin Controls / Abilities in-game.

In a recent night we were having quite a nice run on a server, then all of a sudden the Admins of the server teleported ALL the player on the server into one location over and over. We couldn't run away at all, nor could we defend ourselves since the constant teleporting was confusing us all. These Admins then proceeded to open up on us with bullets and explosives repeatedly until all players were either dead or had left their server.

Would the Epoch Devs possibly be willing to create a pinned thread where one could report these Server Admins and supply proof / supporting docs, etc.?

I myself would love to host a server (already put the proper request through on another thread), and do not wish that this post actually makes the Epoch Devs change their minds about letting certain forum members host a server of their own. There are quite a few of legit, above-board, decent server admins out there, and it would be a shame if they do not get the chance to host an ArmA 3 Epoch server.

As we mentioned, we just need a proper place where we can regulate and report the exploitations / abuse, and where it can be dealt with responsibly by the Epoch Devs. All we want is for server admins to be kept inline and refrain from any further exploitation / abuse in fear of possibly having their server taken away from them.

Would love to hear anyone else's opinion on this.

If not server admins, then the Epoch Devs must please see where one could improve the ant-cheat/hacking tools on the servers. It's really sad when players have to actually stoop down that low, not sure how they get a kick out of it, there is really nothing to gain from doing things like that :(

Yeah there's definitely hackers and script kiddies around still, we encountered some yesterday who shot us from miles out through two buildings without knowing we were even there as we were sat still for ages, I just play until I am aware of some on that server then log off or go to another one. Even the passworded ones will still get hackers at the moment. I don't think we'll see a really good antihack/admin tool for a while yet, but I hope there's something to bog them down at least in the meantime.

Thanks for the clarification MusTanG! Atleast that absolves the admins from any further accusations, and it also improves other member's chances of being able to host a server of their own (without the Epoch Devs having to worry about any exploitations). With the amount of new ArmA 3 Epoch players coming aboard, I hope we see more servers appearing soon!

@OP: Good servers will be admined fairly and eventually recognized by the community as such. Servers...official or otherwise...with admins abusing their privileges or just poorly run end up becoming unpopular. It takes work to do it right when you're interested in providing a good gaming experience.

I don't see the point of investing time and energy doing it any other way. But that's just me.

If not server admins, then the Epoch Devs must please see where one could improve the ant-cheat/hacking tools on the servers. It's really sad when players have to actually stoop down that low, not sure how they get a kick out of it, there is really nothing to gain from doing things like that :(

The anti cheat measures that the devs have put in are really good, in addition to that we're developing and testing infiSTARs antihack for Arma 3 Epoch which complements the mod, its security and Battleye. We've caught a few of our whitelisted players with cheats and have banned and un-whitelisted them. Please contact Chris for further info http://infistar.de/A3signup.html

Sorry to break it to ya, but the cheating has nothing to do with EPOCH mod. Arma III itself and its engine are very vulnerable. Operation Flash Point had the same problems on a smaller scale back than, but Arma series is of the same series as OFP and the engine Hasn't changed much. Not Epoch- Arma. So if anything complain to Arma. Cuz epoch devs can only do so much