Torndeco Mission System - DZAI AI

Torndeco

Low pop count atm... but before players when i hosted a popular tavi 2.0  dont notice lag really till server hits around sub 10 fps.

I give u a shout tomorrow what fps i am getting with around 15 players (crosses fingers).

Yeah thanks, I was just wondering maybe other admins can post some values, too :)

I don't think many base building stuff will drain the performance on the server, unless ArmA is checking all "vehicles" in the monitor :P

New update...
Finally fixed the code for checking if a mission is running.

I also added some new config options

U can now set the min + max number of missions running at same time.

Add fix for same vehicles spawning @ missions...

VehicleServerCount wasn't getting updated when mission system was spawning a vehicle.

--------------

--------------

Think thats most of the issues done atm...

My todo list for this weekend is

Add triggers to Sarge AI mines to detonate on all player vehicles  & not just trucks

Redo killing vehicle code if no player within 30 meters... gonna change it to u need player to jump into vehicle to stop it from blowing up.

Add condtion so it will only blowup if no player within 30 meters. Will help reduce number for vehicles left after a mission & be less cpu usage.

Add custom AI loadouts for missions + elite weapons group (low chance of spawning @ mission)

I will add an option to display the mission warning in the middle of the screen, really not hard todo...  sometime in the future.

To disable the debug, just don't use it... its really there for an example

----------------------------

Anyway new update on github..

Really worth updating if u are using the mission system + the sarge files included (or u made the changes to save sarge vehicles to database).

Have fixed destroying Sarge AI vehicles that were getting killed at end of mission

Another Update:

Changes are

In Debug Monitor tells u nearest town / city for new mission that spawned..

No more mines @ missions (mines are to limited engine wise what u can do to them via code)

AI now gets 2 clips of ammo when it is empty instead of 1.

New Config Options

https://github.com/Torndeco/Epoch-Missions/blob/master/dayz_server/missions/config.sqf

Option to display mission in middle of screen instead of debug monitor

Abillity to set the Min number of players before spawning missions.

Distance check to not spawn missions around players or Death Notice Boards (trader cities etc)  or plot poles

Todo List

Custom mission AI loadouts

Parachuting Reinforcements

Some different mission types

Add already running mission map markers to players that join the server

Any Requests?

------------

If u are updating from previous verious version

Please take note the publicEH.sqf was changed slighty + so has the debug monitor code (and files got renamed slightly).

@itsatrap

U can just ignore the 2 files, but u will still need to intialize the array Custom_Plot_Pole

There are just part of custom code Sarge Changes

Stop AI from picking random patrol spot within range of PlotPole

Stop AI from deciding to patrol inside a building within range of PlotPole

Won't stop AI harassing a players base but it will help reduce it.

As for not supplying them i rather not maintain multiple SARGE codebases...

Not to mention i plan on more custom code tweaks for SARGE to allow for more variety for missions

-----------

The debug is just example code alter it to whatever u prefer. i.e check out axeman version of debug http://i.imgur.com/7UXiapt.jpg

Personnally I hate having mission notices in middle of the screen imo.

But u can always set in config.sqf

mission_warning_debug = false;

And just have mission warnings in the middle of the screen.

That way u don't need to debug monitor code + remove it all except for debug_monitor_missions.sqf

Need to keep the file for the publicEH for displaying mission updates.

Since i want to add localizations to mission notices (when i get around to it).

Update

Fix on github for map markers + debug monitor.

I moved creating map markers back to serverside (was issue with infistar antihack, only effected non-admins, thus it got past my inital code testing)

Hey there,

can you help me?

i have installed Epoch an then this mission script. Everything is working nice.

but

In the Debugmonitor is a timer for the next restart on the server. After this timer is at 0  there is no restart...

What have i to do, that there will be a restart?

The debugMontior is just a timer that counts down, it doesn't restart the server for u.

U need to setup an automated server restart i.e set the server restarts in your admin tools with vilayer / hfb / dayz.st etc..

Or cronjob with linux or whatever people use with a windows server.

i.e

I have a cronjob + script that kills + restarts the server every 8 hours on a linux server.

The debug monitor counts down from 8 hours so that way players know how long to a restart.

There is also a 5 min warning in the middle of the screen aswell

@itstrap

Moving the entire SARGE over to server pbo will break afew things..

There is SARGE variables + code that is initailzed clientside + some code is remote excuted by server to run on client aswell.

This is done for afew things like surivorers bloodbag players + for ai to shoot zombies etc.

I been to lazy to go through the code to figure out what i can move serverside + what is needed clientside, plus testing out any changes takes time.

edit:- Also u are spawning ai with wrong matchbox class type for epoch...

@itstrap

Moving the entire SARGE over to server pbo will break afew things..

There is SARGE variables + code that is initailzed clientside + some code is remote excuted by server to run on client aswell.

This is done for afew things like surivorers bloodbag players + for ai to shoot zombies etc.

I been to lazy to go through the code to figure out what i can move serverside + what is needed clientside, plus testing out any changes takes time.

edit:- Also u are spawning ai with wrong matchbox class type for epoch...

Ahh okay did not know that, many thanks, it just work when I moved it,

matchbox class please ex-plane ?

Time in hours got no clue...

But i rewrote the entire thing around the end of October to be more dyanmic...

So the current system i be workin on and off for the last month.

Be doing some code work on =BTC= Lift Script, custom trader cities, debuggin some new Epoch code + testing the anti-wall glitch code...

So i really couldn't guess to be honest.

New Update on Github (i know i know, but damn competition has be back adding stuff to mission code)

missions.jpg

Install instructions are @

https://github.com/Torndeco/Epoch-Missions

Changes

Easier to install

Only a few lines to add to your init.sqf + sarge include line in your description.ext

After that its just setting up your debug monitor + adding code for optional code tweaks like ai avoiding plotpoles etc..

New Sarge Settings so u can customize Bandit AI @ Missions,

i.e have different skills / skins / loadouts compared to dyanamic bandits spawned by Sarge.

Mission Debug Monitor will now show Image of Vehicle if one is spawned @ a mission site.

Sarge AI will now spawn in vehicle turrets now, before they spawned in cargo positions + ai had to change seat before it could shoot.

Notes

Alot of small changes, please read bottom of install instructions if u are updating from a previous version.

Give a shout if any bugs encountered

Todo List

Will be adding http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161325-Sneaky-Hunter-AI-algorithm

I just got auther permission to add, still need to add code + do some testing.

But it will be optional & will be seperate server fps check if it gets added in due to heavy load.

Atlast i will start to work on some Mission Types

I love this mod and i am trying to update. Can you please list all the changes you have made to the files as I and I am sure others already have customized files especially in the server.pbo  

For example I am trying to compare your server_monitor.sqf with mine as i have that altered for other mods.

Unless I am missing something here.

Thanks

If u are using windows... i recommend u check out http://winmerge.org

It very nice for comparing files / folders + sub folders etc.

I add a readme tomorrow outline changes in epoch server files...

Won't be one for sarge as there is just to many small changes at this point in time.

Anyway the file server_monitor.sqf u can ignore, it has no changes in it for mission system.

I removed it from github now, it was meant to get removed earlier.

Won't cause any issue was basicly the same as epoch server file.

edit:-

Added server_cleanup.fsm to github.

It just has the changes for SARGE in the file

22:36:17 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle.sqf, line 50

22:36:43 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_vehicle_fix_epoch.sqf, line 19

22:36:17 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle2.sqf, line 122

22:36:56 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 274

script addons\missions\mission_warning.sqf not found

Last minute fix bitting me in the ass :)
The errors are fixed, u should update if its on a live server like me atm opps

The SAR_vehicle_fix_epoch should be working now, but un-tested atm. Thus the warning about it beening expermential

edit:

I have no idea why u are getting warning about addons\missions\mission_warning.sqf

Check in our mission.pbo u have the folliwing addons/Missions/mission_warning.sqf