sad day for hardcore players

Vash

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for a response to my request for the PW to the hardcore server. I've tried every avenue i can think of.

If anyone can suggest a way for me to gain access to the hardcore official server, i'd love you long time.

Before anyone says it... I've messaged Axle and Awol, posted on both their feeds, and made a thread about it. Almost 2 weeks now. Tired of 3rd person explot and being forced to do it as well, makes fire fights so boring... just staring at where the other person is hiding and whoever is the first to run out, loses.

EDIT: Guess it doesn't matter, the exploit issue was resolved by BI so hopefully servers won't be PW'd anymore. Yay! Hardcore!

Yes I wait as well for EU HC Servers but there is not fucking response except "be patience" gossip.

Dude I give up. Seriously. I start to think that the devs are kind of thanksless because they ignore "US" for having a EU HC server.

No no it might claim too much RAM or burden our root server.. bla bla bla

How is third person an exploit? Its part of the game design.. 

in fact, we are still at a military simulation! i dont get the point why i cant jump (a3native) but i can see my head from behind. (in that points battlefield is even more realistic ) 

so the exploit is: you can watch over walls and look where the enemy are without using your eyes of your character. is that military simulation as it should be, i don't think so?

how can it be an exploit when everyone in the server has the ability , that is intended game functionality.

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner "not intended by the game's designers.

lying prone under a fallen wall to hide your character and being able to see and fire through that fallen wall is an exploit as you cant shoot through them when they are standing. that is an exploit , duping is an exploit.

3rd person view is not an exploit until its used to see into buildings which you are not even in (example being able to see to the top of towers from below the ladders) , allowing you to see the contents or any players inside. using it to peek over stuff is intended and not exploiting.

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for a response to my request for the PW to the hardcore server. I've tried every avenue i can think of.

If anyone can suggest a way for me to gain access to the hardcore official server, i'd love you long time.

Before anyone says it... I've messaged Axle and Awol, posted on both their feeds, and made a thread about it. Almost 2 weeks now. Tired of 3rd person explot and being forced to do it as well, makes fire fights so boring... just staring at where the other person is hiding and whoever is the first to run out, loses.

EDIT: Guess it doesn't matter, the exploit issue was resolved by BI so hopefully servers won't be PW'd anymore. Yay! Hardcore!

What are you talking about dude.. The one that stays behind cover dies because the one that flanks usually is the winner, movement is key in 3rd.. Maybe this is why you die?

ya... use the 3rd p. cam in a small house... sometimes the camera just go through the roof and you can see whats going on outside... call it like you want, for me it is a "ability" to cheat for every lucky player... 

well however, 3rd p view still: 

[...] makes fire fights so boring [...]

but BTT... thats where the "hardcore" (should be called "normal") settings comes in...

You know that most players stay away from using that "bug" right? But ok thats a exploit I agree but to claim that everyone use it is just wrong man.

Stop being Elitist pigs and enjoy your FPS if you like it but don´t fucking blame a whole community for cheating just because you can´t handle 3rd person.

I was going to post the definition of game exploit then I realized this is going to be one of those arguments that will never end. I have better things to do with my time than argue on the interwebs. I really hope you guys get your Hardcore server. I would most likely have a shitty attitude if I couldn't play the game the way I wanted. 

epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19983-trusted-community-server-hosting/ Here is your chance to get what you want hosted. If you are a legit host. GO! 

Thanks for informing us.

GOGO Guys hopefully a cool hardcore server is being created then!!!!!!!! This week yet!!! :D

How is third person an exploit? Its part of the game design.. 

Well, think of it. If you were playing vs AI and ran up to the wall of the compound they were in and were able to just look over the wall and know right where they were before breaching the compound, wouldn't you feel like you had an unfair advantage?