Legal question to the developers

ymok

• 2 weeks later...

lol, mod is not even really started yet and people already want to steal shit haha

Actually A3Epoch might be a framework for other mods in future (according to discussion with Awol on Kiory's twitch chat), think of overpoch (officially) minus the ridiculous hybrid name... also mods won't be forced to use Epoch in their names (like Dayz has).

Not sure about the current stance towards this, but I hope this idea is still true, which means its not stealing, will be actually encouraged and will help develop strong modding community around Epoch mod.

Actually A3Epoch might be a framework for other mods in future (according to discussion with Awol on Kiory's twitch chat), think of overpoch (officially) minus the ridiculous hybrid name... also mods won't be forced to use Epoch in their names (like Dayz has).

Not sure about the current stance towards this, but I hope this idea is still true, which means its not stealing, will be actually encouraged and will help develop strong modding community around Epoch mod.

yeah but he wants to take single assets and use it in his own mod.  If he gets permission then cool, i just found it funny that people are jumping on it so early.  Didn't mean to be rude to ymok, i think I insulted him didn't mean to lol.  best of luck to him.

yeah but he wants to take single assets and use it in his own mod.  If he gets permission then cool, i just found it funny that people are jumping on it so early.  Didn't mean to be rude to ymok, i think I insulted him didn't mean to lol.  best of luck to him.

ripping PBOs out of a mod is a whole different story, indeed

but yeah...

Right now our license does not allow derivative works. This may change after we reach major milestones like 1.0.

As far as modding our work right now, we would rather see people make mods in a way that does not rely on our code (or changes to it) so that whatever mod you make is self contained as its own mod and 100% your own work.

Right now our license does not allow derivative works. This may change after we reach major milestones like 1.0.

As far as modding our work right now, we would rather see people make mods in a way that does not rely on our code (or changes to it) so that whatever mod you make is self contained as its own mod and 100% your own work.

Thank you for your response.

In short, the objects of the addon can not be used, I understood you correctly?