New Scheduler.xml structure not working on Vert Hosting?

Bob_the_K

Question

Hi,  We're running a server on  Vert and our scheduler.xml has been running with a structure like the "old scheduler.txt" attached.  I've recently changed the structure to look like the "new scheduler.txt". (how do you embed code fragments in-line? - the "paste" clipboard at top right didn't paste anything!).

I have a server running in my house and the new format works perfectly.  I did the change because of the extreme unreliability of #shutdown with the old structure.  In searching forums, it seems most people give up on #shutdown and just call a batch file from scheduler.xml to manage restarts.  I did the same with the old structure.   But on my home server, I tried the new format with #shutdown and it seems to now be working fine.  I mainly wanted to test it since I don't believe I have the ability on the Vert server to install a batch file to manage restarts.  And #shutdown has been very unreliable on the Vert server.

Anyway, I took the scheduler.xml (new format) that works perfect on my home server and upload it to Vert.  And now nothing.  It's as if the scheduler isn't even loading.  And on my home PC, I can see the BEC messages that say 45 tasks started.  I haven't found a way to actually see the BEC console on the remote Vert server.  And the logs show nothing for either the old or new scheduler structure.  So I have no visual cue as to whether it is even loading.  Is it possible that Vert is running an older version of BEC (not battleye) that doesn't recognize the new command structure?  I don't even see a way on the Vert server to verify the version of BEC that is running.  So on the Vert server, I'm running blind and don't have access to anything at the system level that I have on my home server.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Bob

old scheduler.txt

new scheduler.txt

8 answers to this question

I'm apparently running the "old" one (Wasn't aware there was a new one) and it works fine with Vert:

<job id="0">
        <time>040000</time>
        <delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>#shutdown</cmd>    
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>            
    </job>

Also, your first line in the "new" one is missing the < at the beginning:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Sorry... that was due to a fast cut-and-paste.   It has the < character.  We've had reliability problems with the restarts using #shutdown.  It seems to restart only about three out of every five scheduled restarts. 

The new structure is described on the Battleye website at  http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-th-batch-files/e-scheduler/ . It's for v1.60 and higher.  It works flawlessly on my home server, but doesn't seem to start on the Vert server. There's also a discussion on it at http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/124-auto-restarts-auto-db-backups-and-global-message-wih-only-bec-batch-files.  That was the model I used on my home server.

Sorry... that was due to a fast cut-and-paste.   It has the < character.  We've had reliability problems with the restarts using #shutdown.  It seems to restart only about three out of every five scheduled restarts. 

The new structure is described on the Battleye website at  http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-th-batch-files/e-scheduler/ . It's for v1.60 and higher.  It works flawlessly on my home server, but doesn't seem to start on the Vert server. There's also a discussion on it at http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/124-auto-restarts-auto-db-backups-and-global-message-wih-only-bec-batch-files.  That was the model I used on my home server.

I've got my servers hosted with Vert Hosting and I've never had a problem using the #shutdown command. I've never had my server not shut down when it was supposed to. My servers are on the latest version and I'm still using the old format just fine.

mine is on Vert and stopped working.  You said they bumped up the time out, who is they?  Vert or BEC?

If you go into your file manager (or ftp) you can go into your BEC folder, go into the config.cfg then you will see Timeout = 

Set it to 90 so BEC has time to connect

Anymore problems? then MSG me :) have a nice day sir.