Stop with the new stuff?

BadAim

Aren't updates supposed to fix things?  It seems that with each update something else is added and we continue to get more and more red chains.  Why keep adding? It's becoming unplayable.  Sure, aborting and rejoining alleviates the lag, desync or whatever you want to call it temporarily, but when I literally have to wait five minutes for the new 10 second abort countdown to complete it gets pretty frustrating.  I spend more time waiting for scroll options or actions to take place than actually playing.

I can't believe I haven't seen more complaints on here about this. 

If it's just me and nobody else sees it the same then tell me and I will move on to something else.

The server that I play on is running v1.0.2.3, hence the 10 second abort timer. It has custom mods also, what specifically I don't know.  I'm just here to play, I don't know the details.  I keep hearing this about "significant performance improvements" and I'll agree my FPS overall has slightly improved.  But, what good does a great framerate do if I'm sitting there watching a timer countdown for 5 minutes or waiting for trader menus, repair options, etc.

Edit: I'm just letting you know what I, a normal everyday player thinks.  You're correct, I don't have to update to the latest version, but it's not easy to find a server with consistant players and admins that you enjoy playing with.  We play for the overall experience and like the basis/storyline of Epoch.

Then your Server where you play add every Mod he find. But you also must distinguish a few values: There are the Server FPS, not yours at the client, the Client Site FPS, the Networkperformance, the MySQL Database Connection, your Connection, the Server Hardware and so on. 

Example: I try to add Sarge AI, and my Server FPS go down from 40 to 7 with only me on the Server. That was horrible and I removed it. 

The Server FPS get a Boost with the last Update, that was very nice 

I haven't heard of anything fixing desync other then something server side. Re-logging helps for a bit but after a very short while the desync kicks straight back in. I have died countless times directly because of desync. It's a huge game changing thing and I have never seen it as bad as it is in Epoch. Your video is pretty clear to how it affects the players. Granite there is desync in every dayz mod but I have noticed that servers with a lot more custom additions for any mod increases the amount of desync. And with the 10 second time out, logging out is ridiculous. Quite a few times since it was added I would be sitting somewhere safe without zombies in range waiting for the timeout to abort and when I would log in I would have the consequences for combat logging. I honestly like the idea that origins has that your character stays in game for 30 seconds if there is any combat around rather then spawn in bleeding, knocked out, and infected. Those are pretty much the two things that bring epoch down for me. But hopefully these issues will be addressed soon with enough people acknowledging how much of an impact they make to the game.

Edited by Gimmic
Removed annoying inverted text coloration/bold.

Aren't updates supposed to fix things?  It seems that with each update something else is added and we continue to get more and more red chains.  Why keep adding? It's becoming unplayable.  Sure, aborting and rejoining alleviates the lag, desync or whatever you want to call it temporarily, but when I literally have to wait five minutes for the new 10 second abort countdown to complete it gets pretty frustrating.  I spend more time waiting for scroll options or actions to take place than actually playing.

I can't believe I haven't seen more complaints on here about this. 

If it's just me and nobody else sees it the same then tell me and I will move on to something else.

Stop running every mod in existence, or stop playing on servers that do. It's not Epoch causing these issues. I play on a server that runs Epoch + 3 mods, is always half full or better, and hardly ever get desync.

Blaming mods is not always accurate, it can be caused a lot of the time by the server hardware itself. HFB just migrated our server to a new one and our debug fps went from 49 to 22.

JSRS shoudn't cause any issues in server performance, client performance maybe but not server. We've been running it for a few days now and it is awesome with no loss in performance. 

One thing I sort of agree with, getting the patch stable is very important that was what three patches in a row each with new content. Each patch broke something else with a fair few issues, including desync.

Better to group things up, release it at once as it will give more time testing. Especially all the new building elements, no reasonable person expects content every month so don't work yourself into the ground releasing stuff. 

*PS Desync seems fixed with 2.3, thank you!