Dayz mod 1.8 => Epoch ?

SuperMarco

Hi everybody !

I was wondering if you guys were actually looking for update the Epoch mod with the 1.8 from Dayz mod ? So far I understood that this version of Dayz Epoch is based on the 1.7.7.1 of dayz mod no ?

I didn't play yet to the 1.8, but I wanted to know if you aim to implement some features of the 1.8 ? because there is a lot that are pretty nice.

Btw I wanted to congratulate you guys, because you did a great job on this mod ! I just love it !! And I'm looking forward for some new features !

Thanks !

Hello SuperMarco! Welcome to the forums.

I would like to refer you the following post:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/566-epoch-and-dayz-177x/#entry4586

Specifically (edited to show main points):

... In future versions of Epoch we will not be including 1.7.7.x code in full. The reason for this is in the new version there are new permissions and copyrights that go against the open nature of dayzmod and dayzepoch (in our opinion). Not that we do not have permission to use this code, we do, however some of the permissions are not transferable and require renewal from multiple authors ...

... we [DayZ Epoch developers] are going in a different direction anyway and dont need alot of the things that have been added ...

... Basically dayzmod has walled themselves off in a garden of copyrights so that noone will steal their work, while we appreciate the work thats been put in we feel like this attitude doesn't help the dayz community in general ...

Btw, I would like to know what are the plan of the dev teams for Epoch for the futures features. Is that possible to know a bit more about it ? (Curiosity)  :rolleyes:

Currently the best information is found in the form of the rolling change log as things are implemented.

I know developers have hinted at the following things they're evaluating:

1) changing the way combo locks work as a brute-force deterrent

2) adding booby-traps for defense of bases

Edited by Gimmic
added link to wiki changelog

• 1 year later...

Accordin with this guy, the people from Epoch are allowed to use the DayZ 1.8, but only for Arma 2. And that's all we want! Or, at least, to have 2 main weapons (and if you're still at it, what about 2 secondary weapons, too? It would be possible in real life, and dayz simply ads to the real-life some extra stuff, to make the game playable...