can not launch launcher. please help

Fork

Ok so i was playing for a few days now and i love it, but all the sudden i go to log on and i get this little text box that ill post a picture of http://imgur.com/4Poltv5 . And i wouldnt let me open the launcher. so i decided to go in and delete the launcher so i could reinstall it. and i have cleared all traces of it off of my computer, now when i go in it says it cant launch because its installed at another location. and gives me a giant note pad text when i click details. http://imgur.com/LP52usH

This is the Notepad copypasta

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.18444
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$DIa0.855/Epoch%20Launcher.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : Epoch Launcher.application, Version=0.0.1.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\DANJOY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.855\Epoch Launcher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ You cannot start application Epoch Launcher from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
+ You cannot start application Epoch Launcher from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$DIa0.855/Epoch%20Launcher.application it is already installed from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.456/Epoch%20Launcher/Epoch%20Launcher.application. You can start it from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.456/Epoch%20Launcher/Epoch%20Launcher.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$DIa0.855/Epoch%20Launcher.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [9/22/2014 11:56:09 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\DANJOY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.855\Epoch Launcher.application has started.
* [9/22/2014 11:56:09 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [9/22/2014 11:56:09 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
- You cannot start application Epoch Launcher from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CheckDeploymentProviderValidity(ActivationDescription actDesc, SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
- You cannot start application Epoch Launcher from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$DIa0.855/Epoch%20Launcher.application it is already installed from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.456/Epoch%20Launcher/Epoch%20Launcher.application. You can start it from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.456/Epoch%20Launcher/Epoch%20Launcher.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///C:/Users/DANJOY~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$DIa0.855/Epoch%20Launcher.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.
- Source: 
- Stack trace:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

I have gone to all of those locations on my PC and none of them are there. everything is gone but i am still having problems. if it doesn't get fixed ill never be able to play epoch again ever. can ANYONE help me out here?

Have you tried deleting and clearing temp files then reinstall? (i know you said you tried deleting all traces, just don't know how far you went)

I went as far as you can go I think lol. I wenT into the registry and deleted everthing epoch launcher related. I can however launch arma then just enable the mod and play from that, but that will only work until the next patch comes out.

Same here when i double click setup its hides and nothing happens, so i cant get the newest update for epoch.

Little bit more research it makes notepad file to temp folder. Any ideas ?

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.50938'
Setting value '4.5.50938 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.50938 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
Application appears to be an application manifest
Launching application manifest via dfshim
LaunchApplication failed with HRESULT '-2147024882'
Running command 'C:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop\Epoch Launcher.application' with arguments ''

Start the APPLICATION !!!! Not the exe.

If you don't have file extensions showing (BAD BAD BAD) you will need to enable it.

The launcher starts with THIS :  

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Downloads\Epoch Launcher\Epoch Launcher.application"

So don't start the .exe you downloaded, start the "Epoch Launcher.application"

Start the APPLICATION !!!! Not the exe.

If you don't have file extensions showing (BAD BAD BAD) you will need to enable it.

The launcher starts with THIS :  

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Downloads\Epoch Launcher\Epoch Launcher.application"

So don't start the .exe you downloaded, start the "Epoch Launcher.application"

i am starting the launcher.application. still to no avail

ok so it seems i can't see sub folder "Rar$EXa0.456" and that is where it says the launcher is. i can only see "Rar$EXa0.087" that is the new temp folder it is trying to put the launcher in ( I re downloaded the zip file of the launcher again so to try and get it to work)... ive searched through my computer for the last 2 hours for that first sub folder.456 and i can not find it at all. this is getting really frustrating. all i want to do is play this mod! i wish a dev would see this so they can maybe rework the application to show on control panel with an option to uninstall, or change the launcher in some way that it wouldnt give these errors anymore

i had issues with the launcher. i was trying to run it from my desktop but once i extracted it to my root C:\ it would work properly. its not just related to this launcher its a 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5' issue with some applications. My solution was from another program with a similar issue.

take all of the launcher files and put them in your C:\ root... the application files, launcher and setup

i cant see that one folder. so i cant move it. ive searched in the folder its supposed to be in, but its not there. its hidden some how. but i already have none of my files hidden

If you mean you can't find the launcher folder just redownload it and move it

i have redownloaded the launcher and extracted the files to the folder i created but when i open it it says it cant open it from that location because it is already in another location. and i found the sub folder that it guided me to, but the folder after that does not exist. i dont have any files hidden on my computer, and it still doesnt pop up. im going to download the files from by buddy now and drag and drop them into my arma 3 folder and see how that goes... ill get back to you

The file you download is the launcher installer.

You use that once to install the launcher.

Search for 'Epoch launcher' on your PC, but not the installation file, it should open up the actual launcher :)

Default location is

"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Epoch Mod Team\Epoch Launcher"

The file you download is the launcher installer.

You use that once to install the launcher.

Search for 'Epoch launcher' on your PC, but not the installation file, it should open up the actual launcher :)

Default location is

"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Epoch Mod Team\Epoch Launcher"

thanks, I'll look tomorrow but it says it's under appdata/shared under my C drive ( that's what the epochlauncher.application file is located, but it's really jut not there. I'll try that tomorrow tho, thanks