Rarity of fish

BetterDeadThanZed

Is there anyplace in the files that defines how rare it is to catch one fish over another? I have a user on my server claiming that trout is "10x" more common than tuna. I've added fish markets to my server and would like to price the fish according to their rarity.

Tuna is extremely rare compared to the chance of getting a trout or even a sea bass (catch is coming from randomly picking fom different catch pool arrays). It's interesting though, that when you catch something and keep fishing right after that, you have a better chance for catch multiple fish in a row. :D

Your chances for catch is bigger if you do fishing in a boat and you can even double that chance if it's raining. You can only fish in he sea (script excludes lakes or ponds which I find unrealistic but that's my opinion).

You can increase fishing efficiency (fish per minute hour rate) if multiple dudes are fishing on the same fishing boat.

It's interesting though, that when you catch something and keep fishing right after that, you have a better chance for catch multiple fish in a row. :D

you can even double that chance if it's raining.

You can increase fishing efficiency (fish per minute hour rate) if multiple dudes are fishing on the same fishing boat.

Where did you get all that from? Any of that is not happening in player_goFishing.sqf.

Catch is random pick from one array.

["ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemSeaBass","ItemSeaBass","ItemTuna"]

dayz_code / actions / player_goFishing.sqf

// chance to catch anything
		if((random _rnd) <= 1) then {
			// Just the one fish for now
			_itemOut = ["ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemTrout","ItemSeaBass","ItemSeaBass","ItemTuna"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Just add less or more to the array to increase or decrease the chance it will get "caught"

So in the example above Trout has a 70% chance to get caught (7 out of 10).

These are my prices, fyi:

class ItemTroutCooked {type = "trade_items";buy[] = {2,"ItemGoldBar"};sell[] = {1,"ItemGoldBar"};};
	class ItemSeaBassCooked {type = "trade_items";buy[] = {6,"ItemGoldBar"};sell[] = {3,"ItemGoldBar"};};
	class ItemTunaCooked {type = "trade_items";buy[] = {4,"ItemGoldBar10oz"};sell[] = {2,"ItemGoldBar10oz"};};