Locks and such...

NCNY

Guys, i personally feel that locks need to be stressed a lot more... as well as the ability to lock a house on the altis map like Breaking point is now doing very well by colecting bluepronts u can make everything we want here... i know the mod is still early in dev but things like base building and having vehicles takes a lot of time for people and its detering people if the most popular things of epoch arent there from the start...

Also, i would like to start seeing loot spawns controlled better... no reason for all the loot to be placed everywhere, i shouldnt be able to get the best gear from a couch in a random cabin... military bases and such should have the better loot with a smaller chance of getting them at other locations...

and lastly, please reconsider couches and beds placed in military towers and portables lol... it just looks wrong and out of place...  why the hell would a love seat be in a portable?  i mean im sure the soldiers would love them there in real life but cmannnn!  =)

other than that keep up the great work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

are there lockable vehicles right now in the game? Will I get a key if I buy a vehicle at the trader or will this not be implemented? Because I found my first Orca and sold it, to buy a new lockable vehicle, but if its impossible I made a big fault :)

Hi there,

are there lockable vehicles right now in the game? Will I get a key if I buy a vehicle at the trader or will this not be implemented? Because I found my first Orca and sold it, to buy a new lockable vehicle, but if its impossible I made a big fault :)

You can lock it, but anyone can unlock it, there's no keys in game atm.

i hope the combo locks get beefed up from the arma 2 version they were froever getting cracked open. 

I tried cracking a combo lock before.. I tried writing down all the possible combinations (001, 002, 003, etc. etc.) and gave up somewhere around 500-600 mark.. I was there for 30 mins writing down the possible codes, only to say F*** this, I'll camp their base.. If someone 'cracked' your door codes or safe codes (even harder with the extra number) then they deserved whatever you had inside.. It takes patients, unless you get a lucky guess with a code lol

As for the locks, I'm really looking forward to them being in arma, hopefully they will come in the Halloween update at latest.

Everything else I'm happy with. 

I tried cracking a combo lock before.. I tried writing down all the possible combinations (001, 002, 003, etc. etc.) and gave up somewhere around 500-600 mark.. I was there for 30 mins writing down the possible codes, only to say F*** this, I'll camp their base.. If someone 'cracked' your door codes or safe codes (even harder with the extra number) then they deserved whatever you had inside.. It takes patients, unless you get a lucky guess with a code lol

As for the locks, I'm really looking forward to them being in arma, hopefully they will come in the Halloween update at latest.

Everything else I'm happy with. 

it does not take long at all to go through 1000 codes you say it took you half an hour to do 600 well that's pretty slow going no wonder you gave up  ;) combo locks need at least 4 digits imo. or they should start at three and have options for them to be upgraded