Loading screen but I hear the game.

Joker68

Thank you for a fantastic mod that is a whole lot of fun to play and all your hard work that so many people have put into it.

I just want to know if there is a fix for this? Not a bandaid or a fast fix a real solid fix. I have been trying to find out how I can get this problem out of my way for a very long time. I can not join any servers with out being stuck on the load screen, but I can hear the game running. Not to mention I can move around.

I am very new at any of this kind of things I have never had to worry about it until as of late. Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times because I was asked to. I have made absolutly sure that everything is up to date and all mods are exactly what the server requires in order to log in. Now I just within the last few weeks found out what a RPT file is and how to get it, but I still dont have any idea how to look up mission files or where to start. I have looked on the internet for over a month and it seems there is no real fix for this.

If someone could just please give me a hand or direct me in some way to fix this I would really appreciate it greatly. I have not been able to log back into my favorite server now for over a month and a half and its really annoying that I cant get back to hang out with my friends.

I do have a copy of my last RPT file from the last attempt today to get onto the server. I am not a server admin just a player. If more info is needed just please let me know what it is or how to get what is needed I would greatly do so.

So you don't host a server yourself? You just want to play? Allright!

You tried on different servers you said, and all the same issue?

Have you tried completely deleting Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead, and ALL mods?

Then reïnstalling them, and doublechecking if they are the right version?

Have you tried another launcher? For example, if you are using DayZ Commander, try DayZ Launcher, or something else.

Hope I helped you a bit.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you might wanna upload your RPT.

So you don't host a server yourself? You just want to play? Allright!

You tried on different servers you said, and all the same issue?

Have you tried completely deleting Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead, and ALL mods?

Then reïnstalling them, and doublechecking if they are the right version?

Have you tried another launcher? For example, if you are using DayZ Commander, try DayZ Launcher, or something else.

Hope I helped you a bit.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you might wanna upload your RPT.

Hello and thank you for your response, Yes I have tried DCZ and DZL, I have deleted everything that had to do with dayz and steam several times and it still does the same thing. I was only able to join a server once but when I tried to rejoin the same server I was stuck back on the loading screen but can hear the game running.

try pushing  l.shift + numpad - then typing flush its fixs the the loading screen still up but character in world problem for a few of our lads.

Thank you for your response. No this didnt work at all sorry to say but thank you for the suggestion. 

Ok now how do I get my RPT on here so those of you who have ideas could see it and help me fix it. Now please keep in mind I dont know the first thing about scripting, or even how to do it. I am no programer of any sort. I just want to get this fixed and out of the way. I have an idea I think what could be wrong is I have a bad scripted some where but I dont know what I need to do in order to fix it.

@piggd posted a working solution on this thread.....Right

More specifically a few more pages into the thread you can find this

@piggd Wrote

Here what I did and appears to be working like a champ:

I pulled all the endLoadingScreen; I had put in my init.sqf.  I then modified my compiles.sqf

Replaced this line:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

With:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
                endLoadingScreen;
                diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
            };

So far seems to be working before I did I would restart be able to login.  Then I would log out and hang on restart.  After the change I was able to log out 3 times in a row with out disconnecting.  Then I disconnected and was able to log in with no issues.

@piggd posted a working solution on this thread.....Right

More specifically a few more pages into the thread you can find this

Thank you for responding it is very appreciated. I applogize for I know nothing about how to do any of this. I never had to do anything like this and this is all extreamly new to me.

I dont know how to get into said file to change it, Is there a program used to read it so I can change it? Can I just use notepad to do it and will it work that way?

Thank you for responding it is very appreciated. I applogize for I know nothing about how to do any of this. I never had to do anything like this and this is all extreamly new to me.

I dont know how to get into said file to change it, Is there a program used to read it so I can change it? Can I just use notepad to do it and will it work that way?

No apologies needed, just take your time and read through the umpteenth amount of knowledge on this website

PBO Manager

Notepad++

Npad++ SQF Highlight & AC

You have to open your init.sqf inside your mission.pbo and add a custom compiles or directly change the compiles in your Dayz_code.pbo (I personally would not recommend the latter).

You shouldn't need to copy your entire compiles over if you don't wish to.

This is what my custom compiles looks like (do not just copy/paste this you do not have same folder structure) -

if (!isDedicated) then {
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
    player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
    fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\fn_selfActions.sqf";
    player_updateGui  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
    zombie_initialize = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\zombie_init.sqf";
    fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\fn_damageHandler.sqf";
    wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\wild_spawnZombies.sqf";
    player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\player_switchModel.sqf";
};

You want to add the following lines of code inside the compiles.sqf like pigd states.

endLoadingScreen;
};

I believe you can just add the block of text you are after like so -

if (!isDedicated) then {
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
    player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
    fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\fn_selfActions.sqf";
    player_updateGui  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
    zombie_initialize = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\zombie_init.sqf";
    fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\fn_damageHandler.sqf";
    wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\wild_spawnZombies.sqf";
    player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\player_switchModel.sqf";
};
    [] spawn {
        private["_timeOut","_display","_control1","_control2"];
        disableSerialization;
        _timeOut = 0;
        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
        diag_log "DEBUG: loadscreen guard started.";
        _display = uiNameSpace getVariable "BIS_loadingScreen";
        if (!isNil "_display") then {
                _control1 = _display displayctrl 8400;
                _control2 = _display displayctrl 102;
        };
        if (!isNil "dayz_DisplayGenderSelect") then {
            waitUntil {!dayz_DisplayGenderSelect};
        };

// 120 sec timeout (12000 * 0.01)
        while { _timeOut < 12000 } do {
                endLoadingScreen;
            };
                if ( isNull _display ) then {
                        waitUntil { !dialog; };
                        startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
                };

if ( dayz_loadScreenMsg != "" ) then {
                        _control1 ctrlSetText dayz_loadScreenMsg;
                        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
                };

_control2 ctrlSetText format["%1",round(_timeOut*0.01)];
            };

_timeOut = _timeOut + 1;

if (_timeOut >= 12000) then {
                1 cutText [localize "str_player_login_timeout", "PLAIN DOWN"];
                sleep 10;
                endLoadingScreen;
                endMission "END1";
            };

sleep 0.01;
        };
    };

If it does not work out the way I have pasted here just copy over your entire compiles from Dayz_code.pbo and make the needed changes.

No apologies needed, just take your time and read through the umpteenth amount of knowledge on this website

PBO Manager

Notepad++

Npad++ SQF Highlight & AC

You have to open your init.sqf inside your mission.pbo and add a custom compiles or directly change the compiles in your Dayz_code.pbo (I personally would not recommend the latter).

You shouldn't need to copy your entire compiles over if you don't wish to.

This is what my custom compiles looks like (do not just copy/paste this you do not have same folder structure) -

if (!isDedicated) then {
    player_updateGui  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
};

You want to add the following lines of code inside the compiles.sqf like pigd states.

endLoadingScreen;
};

I believe you can just add the block of text you are after like so -

if (!isDedicated) then {
    player_updateGui  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
};
    [] spawn {
        private["_timeOut","_display","_control1","_control2"];
        disableSerialization;
        _timeOut = 0;
        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
        diag_log "DEBUG: loadscreen guard started.";
        };
        if (!isNil "dayz_DisplayGenderSelect") then {
            waitUntil {!dayz_DisplayGenderSelect};
        };

// 120 sec timeout (12000 * 0.01)
        while { _timeOut < 12000 } do {
                endLoadingScreen;
            };
                if ( isNull _display ) then {
                        waitUntil { !dialog; };
                        startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
                };

if ( dayz_loadScreenMsg != "" ) then {
                        _control1 ctrlSetText dayz_loadScreenMsg;
                        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
                };

_control2 ctrlSetText format["%1",round(_timeOut*0.01)];
            };

_timeOut = _timeOut + 1;

if (_timeOut >= 12000) then {
                1 cutText [localize "str_player_login_timeout", "PLAIN DOWN"];
                sleep 10;
                endLoadingScreen;
                endMission "END1";
            };

sleep 0.01;
        };
    };

If it does not work out the way I have pasted here just copy over your entire compiles from Dayz_code.pbo and make the needed changes.

Thank you very very much for your response. This is very helpful and I am going to take some time to figure out how this all works and attempt to make some changes.

Now just out of curiosity would this pbo manager be able to know if there could be a corrupted file, Would it be able to know if there is something that is written wrong and fix the mistake that was made?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you are asking really..Sorry!

Thank again for responding, What I am asking is if there is a corrupt line in said pbo will the pbo manager know that their is something wrong with it? Or would that be something that I have to know from experience.

I tried to download said PBO manager but its in a total different format. Will I need another program to open the download?

I don't think he read your OP. His fix is server side. If this happens on all servers for you this is obviously a client issue. You said you deleted and reinstalled everything DayZ related, did that include ARMA and A2 OA?

Try cleaning out your profile as well. Delete everything ARMA related from %appdata% and %localappdata%. Or just create a new temporary user in Windows and try running the game with that.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nakama Mind    

He doesnt own the server he is just a player having trouble to connect to a server. Wich means he cannot change anything you told him to. Those are server files. And the fix is anyway only a workaround. From what I understand this might be related to database problems. I am also trying to figure it out for my own server where I also got players with the same problem.