[Suggestion] - Zombie Mode Improvements

Sli

Hi everyone, I am a wasteland and dayz vet but I am relatively new to this mod, having only played a few weeks. I have a few suggestions for the Zombie mode based off of my own experience so far.

- Currently the Zombie is weak, difficult to play as and not very fun.

The scroll menu implementation of attack is rather cumbersome and the raise the horde is useless once you are out of a town. What if raise the horde actually spawned other zombies on you? Is there not anyway to make the attack similar to the melee hatchet?

- Respawning as a Zombie should have a chance to place you back where you died, so you can go after the guy who killed you.

I think in some cases this could be a bit overpowered, but it makes a lot more sense than spawning on the coast like a new player. Zombies are dead people who come back to life and this would really add to the immersion and make groups of co-ordinated players who get wiped and all respawn as Zombies a viable threat.

- Different special 'classes' of Zombies, similar to Left 4 Dead,

Ones that make people infected when players get close, ones that can run faster, stealthier, better armed or even just scream to attract larger hordes. Perhaps a rare tank zombie that can damage cars.

- Sometimes you just want to get back to being a player as soon as possible.

Either a dedicated suicide option for Zombies that perhaps is on a timer of 1-5 minutes, or an environmental option so there is always somewhere reasonably close for them to jump off and respawn. On some of the coastal spawns you have to run 2-3kms (almost 10 minutes) just to find a ladder or high place to jump off.

Really interested to hear your feedback and if any of these ideas are already in the pipework to be implemented.

- Sometimes you just want to get back to being a player as soon as possible.

Agreed. Having no viable way to respawn is a hassle.

Also: found a bug with zombie mode death. Once you've been killed by a player you get the menu option to "Respawn" but when you click it you just send out another death message. You can do this over and over. 

I know you have to abort, I'm just saying there is a bug. The "Gimmic was killed" is a global message and I can spam it over and over if I click "respawn" instead of "abort" on the zombie dead screen. 

Yea, I think this throws off some of the new players who perhaps aren't aware of the 10 second rule. It should definitely be disabled post-death.