Spawn as a Zed

Backtrack

I am not sure if this is fixed in 1.0.5.1. Did you try to set the parameter DZE_PlayerZed in your missions init.sqf?

In 1.0.4.1 before I needed to go to compile/server_playerLogin.sqf, there is the code which decides if you are infected or not. There is also code in compile/server_playerSetup.sqf. And the code in both files did not fit to how the character (medical data) has been stored in the db.

I had a quick look, looks different than in the version before if I remember correctly...so maybe it works now just with setting the parameter. If not, let me know...but I will not be able to check anything before the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Who can tell me how this is in the Windows version:

You spawn as a zombie after dying infected. Now you logout. You login again. Are you now still a Zed or a normal player again?

If the second statement is true (normal player), what about the inventory...is it still empty as it was when being a zombie before?

Nobody? I am already able to get the gender selection screen and I can play as a zombie. But after logging out and in again I am again a man.

Just want to know if that is the normal behaviour of the game or if there is still something wrong within my changes.

http://youtu.be/BscnJ0nPHX4

As the video shows you are not a Zed again after logging back in. Therefore I've asked how that behaves in the normal Windows version.

Don't want to visit 10 servers and try that out until I am infected. Could take hours and then I recognize that the server has the parameter to play as Zed disabled ;))

Lol, the JSON model fix devd provided yesterday was exactly what was still missing for me here. My problem is that I have no idea what JSON does.

But ok...logging out and back in as a zombie now also works. Need some more testing tomorrow and also to figure out what I've changed altogether (which was not too much)...then I will provide some details how to manage Gender Selection, playing as a Zombie and as a side effect the normal (windows) way for custom loadouts.

• 2 weeks later...