BEC Installing Tutorial?

jay8454

Question

I was having problems installing BEC so I figure it out with the help of the community.

Thank you raymix pointing me in the right direction.

So here is what I learned passing it on.

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

THIS IS THE PROPER WAY TO NOW INSTAL [bEC] [battleye Extended Controls] [Tutorial] for Epoch/Over ect... Sept,20 2014

All the prior are only somewhat relative to this quarry...

The new way to install BEC on your personal server computer. My criteria is for Epoch, Over watch mods A.K.A. OverPoch.

This is a BIS link to the page to read:

http://forums.bistud...ght=BEC install

Of this forum enplanes how to install BEC and the proper version most current to this date: Latest Version 1.601

So, this is where I found the right one that works for Epoch/OW (OverPoch). Main link page is for YOU to ALWAYS VERIFY if there has been no update or change.

You need a .rar or .zip program Notepad++ or the like.

FIRST OF ALL BACK UP YOUR "instance_**_MapNAMED" I use mine as example only "instance_1_Overpoch" Default is "instance_11_Chernarus"

Please take use of Notepad++ for this too...

1. Download the link from that page for Epoch users: https://github.com/b...hive/master.zip
  2. Click int  the .zip file folder called: UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master where you will see a file called UEP BEC Installer.exe Drag! the UEP BEC Installer.exe, into you server root. As for the README.md it will tell you most of what I am explaining but with a twist.
  3. Double click the UEP BEC Installer.exe box will ask "Enter the Wide Area Network IP for your server", 90% it's127.0.0.1 (this is the IP the everybody on DayZ Commander sees minus the port). add it and click OK, next box asks for the port that is always 2302 (per BIS).  Follow along with what the boxes that pop up say, "Max ping", till you get to the step 5 of 7 "Enter a message that you want to broadcast over the global chat", I put in something that I could find like... "DayZ Teddy Bears 1", next 6 of 7 "DayZ Teddy Bears 2", I did that for me to find you don't have to if your smarter than me...blank works too. it's all to help you set up your Scheduler.xml
  4. Next step 7 of 7 "Input the number that corresponds to the map your server runs" ( what map are you using? 1= Chernarus).
  5. Next step 8 of 7 "It appears you have renamed your server batch file" (.bat) what is the name of your .bat used to start your server? Mine is "DayZ_Overpoch_instance_1_Chernarus" without the .bat copy yours and paste it into the final step.
  6. Now it sets up "OK" everything.
  7. If your server runs as I said OverPoch configuration your instance name may be changed to a name like mine is, "instance_1_Overpoch", The UEP BEC Installer.exe made a new file called the default "instance_11_Chernarus", enter that folder and COPY the Battleye folder and back out.
  8. Go to your "instance_1_Overpoch" inside and PASTE to merge everything.
  9. Back to the server ROOT now the UEP BEC Installer.exe made (2) new batch files (or .bat) Start.bat and it's cousin Restart.bat you will be opening them with Notepad++ next  the (2) .bat files you need to tell them to local where your OverPoch stuff is.
  10. Start with the Start.bat first! Take NOTICE of only line (mine will be the example) #6 cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye\Bec"   The underlined portion is incorrect to my instance therefor it must be changed to my instance folder name of "instance_1_Overpoch", so when it's done properly it looks like this...       cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\BattlEye\Bec"       save and move on to next.
  11. Now that Restart.bat. Line #9 is the one you will be editing now for this one. (my example again)  cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E] - Copy\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye\Bec"  AGAIN change the part I have underlined to your instance_**_MapName just like the above step.
  12. NOW TO START YOUR SERVER, just double click that Start.bat and hopefully no errors. If so read and do your best to understand what they are telling you.
  13. Last step I will not be doing the configuring the messages or times that can be found easily by doing a Google search... youtube's on it they will be hosted vids but they are relative to the quarry.

Updated Sept,28th 2014

Just now got around to updating my Help turned tutor. So the "Latest Version for installed already" is always set to download the latest version of Bec. And to update BEC manually (because BEC is not perfect) because it has not downloaded the new version and it fails.

Here is how: Bec installed into your instance_11_Chernarus (by default) to/ Battleye to/ Bec/ you should see a "Bec.lib" file delete the old or back up and move and replace with the new one from within the http://ibattle.org/downloads/ Bec.zip.

You NEED NOTHING ELSE from that ZIP file.

Than restart your server and cross your fingers.

Edited by jay8454

8 answers to this question

just put it in the root of your server. There are few ways to run it tho and it does NOT start by itself...sadly enough. Also BEC will proably be the biggest pain in the arse to deal with ever... so you will be going trough some quite retarded frustration and learning curve with it.

while testing, simply add shortcut to exe on your desktop and add launch parameters to it:

-f Config.cfg

you can also launch it together with server using batch file, there's a nice video tutorial, but it's in russian... anyway, you need a timeout for BEC, 25-40 sec seems to work fine, it can not be launched immediately together with server exe because it will simply time out and close itself early.

try adding something like this to your .bat:

timeout /t 40
cd C:\Server\BEC\
BEC\Bec.exe -f config.cfg
pause

I ended up just paying for firedaemon pro, it comes with delay integrated for these things...

_________

Oh and for scheduler and admins to work, config your Config.cfg to something like this (just edit it properly)

[Bec]
Ip = 1.2.3.4
Port = 2302
#edit next part to fit your instance name
BePath = C:\Server\Instance_ChernoOrWhatever\BattlEye
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml
LogDir = Server1

[Misc]
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml
#Warnings = 2
#WordFilterFile = BadWords.txt
#NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt
#Ts3 = Ts3.xml
AsciiChatOnly = True
#AsciiNickOnly = True
DisallowPlayerNameChars	= §¤¨
IgnoreChatChars = �����
#MaxPlayerNameLength	= 16
ConsoleColor = 1f
Timeout = 60
#KickLobbyIdlers = 300
SlotLimit = 39
FloodControl = 10
FloodSampleTime = 3
FloodLockTime = 30
#next part is important if running multiple servers.. so like arma2oaserver_1.exe ... arma2oaserver_namalsk.exe etc
ServerExeName = arma2oaserver.exe

[ChatRestriction]
Lobby = -1
Global = 0
Side = -1
Group = 2
Vehicle	= -1
Command	= 0
Commander = 0
Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]
Side = 3
Side_Time_Lower	= 5
Side_Time_Upper	= 10

//Part1

So, I am watching the video...noticed in the vid.

(Video) BEC.zip or BattleExtendedControl.zip
bec.bat
server.bat
start.bat

The only thing that I found in my download was...
Config (folder) leading to all the .xml's a Script_Example.bat, and a Config.sqf.
Log (folder)
Bec.exe
Bec.lib
(3).txt's and I logo .bmp

I beleve that...
Config.cfg
Script.bat
Those are to be edited, because I see TMI (To Much Info).

So I am going to take the...
config.cfg
From one of my old hosted server accounts which is simplified and correct it...

//From an old Vert server//
[Bec]
Ip = 199.101.98.74                                            <--! IP I am not sure on? Is this the one everyone connects? !-->  
Port = 2302
BePath = E:\DayZ_EPochWatch_Chernarus [E]\BEC\Config\BattlEye <--! My server location !-->
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml
LogDir = Server1                                              <--! Unsure about this? !-->

[Misc]
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml                                     <--! Using my old one I edited !-->
AsciiChatOnly = True
IgnoreChatChars = £€זרו
ConsoleColor = 1f                                             <--! ??? !-->
Timeout = 60                                                  <--! This was set from Vert !-->  
KickLobbyIdlers = 500

//Part2

That should work?? :-/

The Bec.zip readme say's using the IP = 127.0.0.1 /// is OK or am I using the one EVERYBODY connects with?

Or am I using /cmd/ipconfig to find one of the IPv4 under Ethernet, Local IPv4 or Default Gateway?

//Part3

Now I this shinny Example.bat...

Script_Example.bat

I would be changing the name (copying new) to name too...

script.bat?

Inside of it looks like this...

@echo off

:: This is only provided as a simple example file
:: Passing Arguments to Scripts from  ingame chat..
:: The 1st Argument Passed to a External script is always the Username "Hardcoded"
:: 2nd,3rd,4th etc are seperated by spaces.
:: !script X Y Z
:: !script "X" "Y" "Z"
:: X = arg2 , Y = arg3 , Z = arg4
:: Normally Bec will seperate arguments by spaces. but if you have aruments that has spaces in them. use quotes around them.
:: External Scripts will never return anything back to Arma.

:: EXAMPLE 
:: Add two numbers together..

:: !math 1+2

set name=%~1
set /a var=%~2
echo Hello User: %name%
echo The Result of %~2 is: %var%

:: EXAMPLE
:: Write Text to a file..
:: Note the Quote around the string. if we pass a argument with spaces in it we want to remove the quotes.

:: Text and remove quotes.
set arg2=%~2
set arg2=%arg2:"=%

:: Filename
set arg3=%3

:: Now write to the file.
echo User: %~1 Wrote: %arg2% >> %arg3%

timeout 10

I know NONE of that to change...

All I know (or think) is @echo is tell something to run a syntax. Or I am maybe wrong about that. lol

Edited by jay8454

isnt  <cmdtype> a non-valid command now?

yeah, scheduler structure got changed a tad, video is outdated, but guess it helps with batch files (sort of)...

here's new one with 3h restarts:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Scheduler>
    <!-- Restart Messages -->
    <job id="0">
	    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <start>035000</start>
        <runtime>000000</runtime>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>say -1 Server Restart in 10 minutes</cmd>              
    </job>

<job id="1">
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day> 
        <start>035500</start>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>say -1 Server Restart in 5 minutes</cmd>              
    </job> 

<job id="2">
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day> 
        <start>035900</start>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>say -1 Server Restart in 60 seconds, logout to avoid gear loss</cmd>             
    </job>  

<job id="3">
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day> 
        <start>035930</start>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>say -1 Server Restart in 30 seconds</cmd>              
    </job> 

<job id="4">
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day> 
        <start>035950</start>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>say -1 Server Restart in 10 seconds</cmd>              
    </job> 

<!-- run every 1h with a 10 sec delay on startup -->
    <job id="5">
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <start>000010</start>
        <runtime>010000</runtime>
        <loop>-1</loop> 
        <cmd>say -1 myserver.com </cmd>            
    </job>

<!-- RESTART SERVER -->
    <job id="6">
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <start>040000</start>
        <loop>0</loop> 
        <cmd>#shutdown</cmd>             
    </job>

</Scheduler>

OK, I STILL do not have this...

Did major BIS combing and found Unified Epoch Project BattlEye Extended Controller Installer  = https://github.com/bbatton/UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer/archive/master.zip

Now it gave me more files to add to my confusion. Nice tool I just need to figure out configuring and where to put everything, (OH BOY)

Here is my server file stuctures...

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\start.bat

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\restart.bat

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Battleye\ALL THE FILTERS!

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Bec\Config\ALL .xml's

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Bec\Config.cfg

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Bec\Bec.exe

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Bec.lib

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\THE REPORT LOG+basic.cfg+config.cfg+HiveExt.ini

I made my E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Start.bat look inside like this...

1.@ echo off
2.pushd %~dp0
3.cd /d %CD%
4.start /b "Dayz Epoch Server" /min "DayZ_Overpoch_instance_1_Chernarus.bat"
5.timeout 40
6.cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master\instance_11_Chernarus\Bec\Config\Config.cfg"
7.start  "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Bec\BEC.exe"
8.taskkill /f /im cmd.exe
9.cls
10.@exit

In the ...

E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\Bec\Config

Config.cfg

[bec}

IP = 72.193.XXX.XXX
Port = 2302
BePath = E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\BattlEye
Admins = A2_Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml
[Misc]
Ban = 3
ConsoleHeight    = 30
ConsoleWidth    = 60
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml
KickLobbyIdlers    = 400
ChatChannelFiles = True
Timeout = 60
[Reporter]
#User = alfred
#Password = 123456

Now I clicked the "Bec.exe" a new type of window apeared other than the error wrong path(s) one.

This one said..."Bec, Arma OA/3 Server Tool V.1.601"

Copyright LEGAL STUFF!

I will Donate

It checked for latest vesion and all good

connected to BE server....

Gave me this ERROR....

Scheduler file contains a error. start tag missing where id=0

Scheduling 0 task.

So, am I getting closer to galactic super Omani oneness?

THIS IS THE PROPER WAY TO NOW INSTAL [bEC] [battleye Extended Controls] [Tutorial] for Epoch/Over ect... Sept,20 2014

All the prior are only somewhat relative to this quarry...

The new way to install BEC on your personal server computer. My criteria is for Epoch, Over watch mods A.K.A. OverPoch.

This is a BIS link to the page to read:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180125-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-tool-for-dedicated-servers&highlight=BEC+install

Of this forum enplanes how to install BEC and the proper version most current to this date: Latest Version 1.602

So, this is where I found the right one that works for Epoch/OW (OverPoch). Main link page is for YOU to ALWAYS VERIFY if there has been no update or change.

You need a .rar or .zip program Notepad++ or the like.

FIRST OF ALL BACK UP YOUR "instance_**_MapNAMED" I use mine as example only "instance_1_Overpoch" Default is "instance_11_Chernarus"

Please take use of Notepad++ for this too...

1. Download the link from that page for Epoch users: https://github.com/bbatton/UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer/archive/master.zip
  2. Click int  the .zip file folder called: UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master where you will see a file called UEP BEC Installer.exe Drag! the UEP BEC Installer.exe, into you server root. As for the README.md it will tell you most of what I am explaining but with a twist.
  3. Double click the UEP BEC Installer.exe box will ask "Enter the Wide Area Network IP for your server", (this is the IP the everybody on DayZ Commander sees minus the port). add it and click OK, next box asks for the port that is always 2302 (per BIS).  Follow along with what the boxes that pop up say, "Max ping", till you get to the step 5 of 7 "Enter a message that you want to broadcast over the global chat", I put in something that I could find like... "DayZ Teddy Bears 1", next 6 of 7 "DayZ Teddy Bears 2", I did that for me to find you don't have to if your smarter than me...blank works too. it's all to help you set up your Scheduler.xml
  4. Next step 7 of 7 "Input the number that corresponds to the map your server runs" ( what map are you using? 1= Chernarus).
  5. Next step 8 of 7 "It appears you have renamed your server batch file" (.bat) what is the name of your .bat used to start your server? Mine is "DayZ_Overpoch_instance_1_Chernarus" without the .bat copy yours and paste it into the final step.
  6. Now it sets up "OK" everything.
  7. If your server runs as I said OverPoch configuration your instance name may be changed to a name like mine is, "instance_1_Overpoch", The UEP BEC Installer.exe made a new file called the default "instance_11_Chernarus", enter that folder and COPY the Battleye folder and back out.
  8. Go to your "instance_1_Overpoch" inside and PASTE to merge everything.
  9. Back to the server ROOT now the UEP BEC Installer.exe made (2) new batch files (or .bat) Start.bat and it's cousin Restart.bat you will be opening them with Notepad++ next  the (2) .bat files you need to tell them to local where your OverPoch stuff is.
  10. Start with the Start.bat first! Take NOTICE of only line (mine will be the example) #6 cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye\Bec"   The underlined portion is incorrect to my instance therefor it must be changed to my instance folder name of "instance_1_Overpoch", so when it's done properly it looks like this...       cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E]\instance_1_Overpoch\BattlEye\Bec"       save and move on to next.
  11. Now that Restart.bat. Line #9 is the one you will be editing now for this one. (my example again)  cd "E:\DayZ_OverPoch_Chernarus [E] - Copy\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye\Bec"  AGAIN change the part I have underlined to your instance_**_MapName just like the above step.
  12. NOW TO START YOUR SERVER, just double click that Start.bat and hopefully no errors. If so read and do your best to understand what they are telling you.
  13. Last step I will not be doing the configuring the messages or times that can be found easily by doing a Google search... youtube's on it they will be hosted vids but they are relative to the quarry.

I'll try to edit this and update it as much as I call if it's relative to anyone. This stuff has been changing monthly! I fell like it's a Toms Hardware update!

Updated Sept,28th 2014

Just now got around to updating my Help turned tutor. So the "Latest Version for installed already" is always set to download the latest version of Bec. And to update BEC manually (because BEC is not perfect) because it has not downloaded the new version and it fails.

Here is how: Bec installed into your instance_11_Chernarus (by default) to/ Battleye to/ Bec/ you should see a "Bec.lib" file delete the old or back up and move and replace with the new one from within the http://ibattle.org/downloads/ Bec.zip.

You NEED NOTHING ELSE from that ZIP file.

Than restart your server and cross your fingers.