Wrong RAM usage

LunatikCH

Question

Hey guys,

I have just noticed that when i check the resources ingame with #monitor 5 it shows me that the server is using ~1700mb of ram, but when i show in my taskmanager on my dedi it just uses ~800mb. I have tested with "tbb3malloc_bi" and "tbb4malloc_bi" and having the startparameter "-maxMem=2047" (also tried -maxMem=2048). Im running on windows server 2008r2 any one had the same "issue"? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I doubt that there's anything to worry about.  The discrepancy likely comes from the fact that the game is actually using ~800MB, but has also "reserved" an additional ~800MB or so in case it is needed.  The additional memory isn't actually being used "yet" but can be called upon by the server application if necessary.  This is done to prevent other Windows applications from using the reserved memory for their own purposes and insures that there is enough memory free for the server app to use as needed.  The only time I would be worried is if you start having crashes as a result of excessive memory usage, which could indicate a memory leak or faulty memory stick on the server box.

Ok thanks for your informations and i have a other question is it normal that my cpu usage sometimes drop to ~5% while the server is running with ~45 people on it? Or should i call the technician support?

I have attached you some screenshots of my cpu usage:

http://imgur.com/b5Da85V,xhPcdey,moVAkWR,91oum9M,0Yr31aZ,nwKuxOk#0

Just for information im using a Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @3.40GHz and running on a 64bit machine