download slow via launcher

eknz

evening all,

recently got a key, ive been trying to download the epoch mod through the launcher and so far its taken around 4 hours.  Im at about 30% complete, have a decent internet so can only think seeds.

Any news on this - is this happening to others etc.

Many thanks for reading and any replies received

Eknz

i dont even get that window when ive selected debug for some reason.  Ive restarted the download as Ive been at this for like 4 hours, if not more, the D/L seems to be even slower now.

Ive also set the max download speed to 0 (unlimited) but still D/L sucks for me.

cheers again

just thought id give you all an update, the download seemed to pick up after a while (although i did full download it twice and the launcher crashed and i had to start all over again)  I put 0 in the max download (unlimited) and again this seemed to improve things

Think the main problem was the seeds, 1am UK time the connections picked up from around 6-10 to 18-20, which gave me around 1500 kb/s, completed the download in around 15 mins.

Thanks for all the help people, tried the game, got into a stratis server (by accident when looking for altis) but worked ok - got the old no message received a few times but i think i just need to reset my internet.  Calling it a night for now, maybe I will bump into some of you tomorrow - player name Moist :rolleyes:

thanks again -

Have not seen 'The tracker could not be contacted' message before, that has to be a connectivity issue. Would be interested in seeing more info. as to why the launcher crashed.

If you do crash and find the launcher trying to re-download the full file you can try deleting DHtNodes and fastresume.data in your download directory.

This will force the launcher to re-hash whatever you have already downloaded and pick up the download from there.

I posted my findings on the Epoch Launcher same thing but did test to verify. 

Results are in above link!

Is it just me or is that Launcher slower then sync 1.4 BT

Using sync 1.4   10min to download full file

Launcher its been 15min and not even halfway downloaded   (update it took 34min) *Why would it take so long then sync 1.4 Same connection right*

Both downloads I deleted the @Epoch fold to test connection speeds!

{TR} DLL

• 1 year later...

fastest its downloaded is 6 kb/s, at this rate will take a long time.  I dont know whats happening

The solution is very simple

Open the launcher - (upper right corner) press "settings" - You will see "Upload limit" - Change that to "1000" / "1500"

Depends on your internet speed