All in good fun but...

BoomBoss

Can someone explain to me the use of this key system?

It is based on sheer luck and for a beta I don't see what the issue is with just opening it up. There is no additional value of using a key that can be obtained by luck. Especially when it is given out by only a select few and available if you happen to be home and not at work.

Too few servers up for the amount of people wanting to play.

It makes sense that the player numbers are capped. Imagine being with your clan in a chopper, and you can't get back into the server after restart because of the hundreds trying to all get a slot on a 50 slot server.

A few hundred keys are given out each day. Just one twitch guy yesterday, of who I don't remember the name, was giving away keys like it was x-mas. Too little servers is just a problem in promotion. If hosters do not wish to host Epoch, then take that problem by the horns and solve it so the mod will be hosted alot more.

Limited resources to go around. It is fair to leave it up to random chance and I like that they are doing that instead of "I've got a buddy who is buddies with the devs so I got in." or "The first 50 people who "donate" $15 get access."

It is not allowed to get monetary gains by rules. If you are caught doing this you, the streamer, will be excluded from giveaway keys all together.

It is not allowed to get monetary gains by rules. If you are caught doing this you, the streamer, will be excluded from giveaway keys all together.

I'm fairly certain he was talking about if Epoch was taking donations for keys instead of giving them out, which I would be against also, not twitch streamers and such.