trader woes

davetd

Question

I recently installed a new trader for overpoch items. I got the trader to show up and the trader menu shows up but there are no items or categories listed. I made 2 new trader categories in my tid database, one for overpoch ammo and one for weapons and I used both of these for my servertraders.sqf file for my new trader (I'm sure they're right) When I input the items I made sure that they were put into the correct tid category but no matter what my trader won't show any categories or items. Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

8 answers to this question

{Note: the traders class_name has to be added to the line}

[serverTraders=["Doctor","US_Delta_Force_Undercover_Takistani06_EP1",plus alot more trader names here]

add your extra trader to server_traders.sqf

// Extra Trader
menu_US_Delta_Force_Undercover_Takistani06_EP1 = [
    [["Military Armed",562],["Trucks Armed",479],["Helicopter Unarmed",519],["Helicopter Armed",493],["Money",700]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];

{Note:["Military Armed",562] = "Military Armed" is the name of the traders menu that will appear in game

",562"  is what sets items to that traders menu in your Traders_data.sql table in you database.}

Ok You Now have another trader setup.

For the trader to appear in game you will need to open your server.pbo

go to your missions folder inside that open your map folder you are using "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus"

is what im using, open your mission.sqf

_unit_66 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["US_Delta_Force_Undercover_Takistani06_EP1", [6777.064, 5597.8867, -0.0056902887], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_66 = _this;
  _this setDir  -127.18858;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;  ";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

{Note: [6777.064, 5597.8867, -0.0056902887] this is the world space location your trader will be on the map.

_this setDir  -127.18858; this is the direction the trader will be facing.

To add items to the trader you need to go to your sql database get traders_data and add to it or whatever

but all this is old crap now when you can use Cfgtraders called from your mission files instead of the server calling the database for trader menus Cfgtraders do not use sql database!!

First of all, thank you to all who replied. Dansoe, I went over your list and from what I can tell I'm good. Here are the lines that you mentioned, maybe you can see something that I did wrong:

This is my server traders file where I added the trader

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 11
serverTraders = ["gsc_eco_stalker_mask_fred","RU_Functionary1","RU_Citizen3","Rocker4","Profiteer4","Rita_Ensler_EP1","CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","CIV_EuroMan02_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1","GUE_Soldier_MG","Worker2","Worker3","Woodlander1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","RU_WorkWoman1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","RU_Citizen4","RU_WorkWoman5","RU_Citizen1","RU_Villager3","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","Pilot_EP1","RU_Profiteer4","Woodlander3","Dr_Hladik_EP1","Doctor","HouseWife1","GUE_Woodlander2"];
// Overpoch vendor
menu_RU_gsc_eco_stalker_mask_fred = [
[["weapons",694],["ammo",695]],
[],
"neutral"
];
// Hero Vendor
menu_RU_Functionary1 = [
[["Ammunition",478],["Clothes",476],["Helicopter Armed",493],["Military Armed",562],["Trucks Armed",479],["Weapons",477]],
[],
"hero"

Here is the line from the mission.sqf
_unit_700 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createAgent ["gsc_eco_stalker_mask_fred", [6306.61,7808.02,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_700 = _this;
_this setDir 290;
_this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

I can see the trader, he is there and the trader menu even opens, there Is just nothing in it.

log in to your sql database i use phpmyadmin to log into mine and you will need to add your item to traders_data table you can either insert as you go or export the table to sql and work on it on your desktop then truncate (empty) the table and import it back.

This is from my trader_data.sql table

(1410, '["ItemKiloHemp",1]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 802, 'trade_items'),
(1411, '["ItemRuby",1]', 250, '[5,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[5,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0, 802, 'trade_items'),
(1415, '["ItemTopaz",1]', 250, '[6,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[6,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0, 802, 'trade_items'),
(1416, '["ItemObsidian",1]', 250, '[7,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[7,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0, 802, 'trade_items'),
(1417, '["ItemSapphire",1]', 250, '[8,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[8,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0, 802, 'trade_items'),
(1418, '["ItemAmethyst",1]', 250, '[9,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[9,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0, 802, 'trade_items'),

{Note the "802" is what ties the item to the trader menu you have set in server_traders.sqf .........[["weapons",694],["ammo",695]], you would have 694 or 695 where 802 is for those items to be under that menu for that trader}