Automated restart batch file for multiple servers

mgm

Question

Hi guys,

I had this automated restart batch file which I found here on this forums (just tweaked a bit) which was working really nice for single server.

Now that we have more than one server I need to make some modifications, I played around a bit but it doesn't seem to be doing the job consistently & reliably.

I'm sure I'll eventually iron it out but rather than reinventing wheel I was just wondering if anyone running multiple servers + automated restart batch script would be kind enough to share what is working reliably for them here? It will save me a lot of time as testing takes quite a bit of time with 3 hour restarts and with lack of separate development server.

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

After 4 restarts I guess my messy batch is now working.

If anyone needs it I can give it but fair warning it's really spaghetti and needs bottom up cleanup (and I don't have time for that now) so if you can find a better one do so, if you can't mine is better than nothing I guess - let me know :D

BEC has this great scheduler.ability that we use to post messages and to restart our 2 servers every 6 hours, I would suggest play'n around with that.Just make a copy of the program and have them both running from 2 seperate folders (example BEC_PVP as one folder name and BEC_PVE as 2nd folder name)

BEC has this great scheduler.ability that we use to post messages and to restart our 2 servers every 6 hours, I would suggest play'n around with that.Just make a copy of the program and have them both running from 2 seperate folders (example BEC_PVP as one folder name and BEC_PVE as 2nd folder name)

Thanks for the reply.

I already have BEC + .bat based setup. For one server it operated close to %100 reliability - I could leave the VPS untouched for weeks and it would always restart as programmed.

My recent 2nd server addition to changed this a bit - modified bat files were sometimes creating 2 servers x 3 instances each, so I would see 6 running server instances when I loggedon after a day or so.

Now using multiple taskkill commands I think I finally got it fixed. Testing for 15 hours or so, so far and seems ok.

(If the issue comes back I will go back and recheck line by line - no escape I guess)