Creating a clean shortcut for Epoch

Kenturrac

Hey guys,

I have trouble to get a shortcut working without working around.

So here is what I want:

A clean easy to start shortcut that starts Arma 2 OA with all the needed mods + DayzEpoch.

What I did:

Created a shortcut just for Arma 2 OA with the following parameters.

"D:\SteamNeu\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty

After I had that, I tried to added the Epoch mod to it and I ended up with the following.

"D:\SteamNeu\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -mod=@DayZ_Epoch -nosplash -world=empty

So, if I start the first one everything is fine. Arma 2 OA loads with all the expansions, but if I start the second one, it will start only Arma 2 OA without Arma 2 which means that Chernarus and so on is missing.

That is what he loads after running the game with the first commandline.

1-3.png

And thats the other shortcut without Arma 2.

2.png

I know two workarounds. One would be copying the Arma 2 files into Arma 2 OA, but I dont wanna do that. The other workaround would be to add Arma 2 to the "-mod=" parameter, but I also dont wanna do that. Does anyone know how to start Arma 2 OA including Arma 2 and DayZEpoch without hacking around?

Try

-mod=G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;@DayZ_Epoch

Change the path ofc.

Yeah, thats the second work around I described and I would love to not have to do that.

Is there no other way? Why I am able to start Arma 2 OA including Arma 2 without the mod, but I am not able to do it with the mod. That doesnt make sense to me. :(

Yeah, thats the second work around I described and I would love to not have to do that.

Is there no other way? Why I am able to start Arma 2 OA including Arma 2 without the mod, but I am not able to do it with the mod. That doesnt make sense to me. :(

Oh damn, sorry forgot you mentioned that in the first post. I'll mess around and see if its possible to get something working.

"D:\SteamNeu\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@DayZ_Epoch"
Launch with steam:

"D:\SteamNeu\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@DayZ_Epoch"

So yeah, nothing of that here is working.

For some reason its not even loading Epoch anymore if I add the arma 2 path to the -mod parameters.

Opening Arma2OA_BE.exe with parameters does nothing. Seems like that exe only works without parameters.

Got this .bat file from Among the dead community,

::Author: Snow [AGS]
@echo off
echo ===============================
echo ATD Server Join Batch
echo --------------------------------
echo Author: Snow [AGS]
echo ===============================
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::===============================================================================================================================================
::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=5.39.72.122
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2500
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk ]
set MODS=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================

::===============================================================================================================================================
:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit