Building and Snaping to Objects

Dobrowney

WHen trying to build  a wall , It seems to try to snap to other objects other then the next wall to it. When this happens it stops allowing you to move the object and start to place it.  If you are close to other objects like pre built buildings. It trys to snap to those buildings and not the Epoch wall it should be snaping too.  

Yeah I messed around with it a bit. I always seems to get stuck to like a House wall and not the epoch wall  am trying  to snap it to .. Maybe an option to turn off the snap to build when moving the wall around would work and then when close to what you want to snap it to you could turn it back on. 

Yeah I messed around with it a bit. I always seems to get stuck to like a House wall and not the epoch wall  am trying  to snap it to .. Maybe an option to turn off the snap to build when moving the wall around would work and then when close to what you want to snap it to you could turn it back on. 

I've had this happen on terrain to particularly with flooring

• 1 month later...

Am still having some weird problems with the building items snaping. It is likey do to me just not fully understanding how the building system and interface works. I understand that the 1 key turns on building .. Not fully sure what the 2 and 3 key do for snaping. I try most of the option but it does not work. Also I am guessing you cannot place floors and walls under the ground. If this is true this is what is causing the build not to be level with the ground.

the building mode is very clunky and dangerous to the builder... if your in tight confines, aka a cave or a building and your placing stuff it shoves the builder around and can damage you... also if the part is elevate at all it can fall and then crush you breaking your legs or kill you....   please make it like old epoch where parts would just blend right in through walls etc and just build in place where you tell it to....