Need little help, loot problem!

Novuhz

Question

The server runs fine, no major RPT errors either.

The loot also spawns the problem is after we pick up the loot, the loot won't respawn anymore in that zone even after picking up the whole place, it's like people have to wait for restart for loot to respawn again, but the problem keeps repeating itself after every restart so what's wrong here?

This is driving me nuts trying to figure it out...

6 answers to this question

I might have fixed the problem.

But will test it further and see what other people say as well. I think it was a problem with Arma 2 patch 1.63.112555. I had like invisible loot and it was probably taking loot spawn spots because of that bug, so I finally decided to update to 125548.

But yeah I am using custom loot table because it's a Overpoch server and I think I have to use the custom loot table for overwatch loot to spawn.

I also think I need a better CfgBuildingPos.hpp file.

Problem with 1.63.112555 was that it had issues deleting things. 

When loot spawns in, it is actually an invisible pile that gets populated with random items from the loot table (according to either standard or custom).

Normally, once you loot and move away, that invisible loot pile would be scheduled for cleanup/deletion. 

Since that never happened, only restart would allow a building to get new loot. 

Upgrading to the latest patch is so much better. :) 

Yeah it is fixed!

Another thing, since the update or maybe it's the CfgBuildingPos.hpp file that the loot in firestation looks kinda bad, how can I manually add loot spawn points for buildings? eh I guess I can search around for it :)

Thanks anyway!

Hi there I am having a simlar problem. I have updated to the latest stable releases for both Overwatch Epoch and DayZ as my server is also Overpoch but once a building has been cleared out no loot respawns even if you wait for 20-30 mins and run away 2km and back it only seems to respawn on restarts. If you know how I can fix this please let me know. Like I say I am on latest builds of all mods 1.0.5.1 Epoch if that helps. Cheers.