Snap Build for Arma 2 Editor. Missing? Unnecessary?

mgm

So there is snap building for in-game building is there no such assistance tool for Arma 2 Editor?

I searched in Google and can't find anything related.

I found some YouTube videos showing how to use notepad + Arma 2 map editor, with frequent save/loads between notepad and map editor however when I played with numbers I couldn't find an easy way to place objects one another.

I also read about "attachTo" feature (again to be used with notepad) but coulnd't find a clear instruction set to use it either. Checked out some examples but I  couldn't find matching fields in my text file which is created by the in-game map editor.

So how do you guys build that nice bases? Are you really manually placing each object with CTRL+ASWD keys? It looks like it will take years to do it this way. Clearly I'm missing something?

If it makes any difference, the thing I was trying to attach to was metal floors with a view to building a massive 'metal floor' after which I could start building my glorious adminbase.

Any guidance will be much appreciated!

It would be nice but what would also be even nicer, in my view at least, is a tool to convert DB stored objects in to a mission.sqf.  You could then build (using snap etc) in the game and then use a tool (or SQL) to convert the items you are interested in from the object_data table to the correct format for a mission.sqf file to be loaded in to the editor and added to the custom map.