Move to steam and steam IDs

drsubo

Question

sorry in advance, im sure theres info somewhere about this but i couldn't find it. Im really confused on what this whole move to steam and start using steam IDs is and what it means for us server owners. Im running a server with the newest version of arma 1.63.11255 and newest version of epoch and i havnt noticed a difference with any of the stuff. my phpMYAdmin and ftp files still look the same. My character_data still used the same old playerUID's to keep track of players n there stuff and nowhere does it have anything to do with players steamIDs. iv read around the forums and stuff about how arma and dayz now uses the steamID to keep track of players and all that good stuff but i don't get how. every script i use and edit still uses and works with players same old playerUID that iv always used. for example the plot poll for life script says it will now be update to use the players steamIDs and stuff because the database no longer uses uid. but all my databases still do. Has this move to steam not happened yet or do i have to manually update my servers database somehow. If someone could please explain what this all means that would be awesome because i have been hearing about this for a while now and cannot for the life of me understand how this affects epoch and dayz databases. Thanks a lot guys.

1 answer to this question