Dedicated Server?

Logan

So what's the consensus on Dedicated server hosts?

What I would like to run on it would be ('m already running all of this, just not on a dedi)

Website

2 TeamSpeaks

4 DayZ Servers (More is better :P)

Anyone have a good recommendation?

Someone else already asked for recommendations.

I would say start with one, but I guess you have your reasons. Besides the recommendation of a GSP in that thread there I would always recommend renting a dedicated box with just windows on it and set it up on your own. It's hard in the beginning, but you will learn soooo much. That knowledge will help you in the long run. And, you get probably more performance out of it. But well, its damn expensive and needs quite some time investment.

Someone else already asked for recommendations.

I would say start with one, but I guess you have your reasons. Besides the recommendation of a GSP in that thread there I would always recommend renting a dedicated box with just windows on it and set it up on your own. It's hard in the beginning, but you will learn soooo much. That knowledge will help you in the long run. And, you get probably more performance out of it. But well, its damn expensive and needs quite some time investment.

Dude I literally posted in that thread and we even talked in that thread.. I already have 4 servers. I'm looking to move them to a dedi.

My dedicated server hosts have been pretty awesome plus they cut a nice deal. www.colocrossing.com is the dedi I rent through. If you decide to go with them mention blackhole sent ya.

I'll look into em, thanks!

Dude I literally posted in that thread and we even talked in that thread.. I already have 4 servers. I'm looking to move them to a dedi.

I'll look into em, thanks!

Sry, got you wrong then. Thought you need a GSP recommendation. Sadly I forgot who provided our server. They were quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

ovh.com Is probably the best host I've ever had. I'm pretty sure Vilayer rents most of their server from them as well. Only OVH is cheaper. Best DDOS protection you can probably get. My server is highly ranked at the moment and gets a decent amount of DDOS attacks but no one managed to get it offline so far not even a bit of lag. Their customer service is not the best. But it's cheap and effective.  

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/ Ran by ovh.

I got a sys-32-2

32gb of ram is nice. I install arma2oa along with epoch on a ramdisk.

not a bad price @ £40.80 for the specs if you ask me 

Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 4c/8t

2x 2tb HDD's 

250mbps up/down unlimited

Windows licenses are £20 per month.

120sec setup time now :)