[Problem] dayz_maxLocalZombies , doesn't seem to be working!

MatthewK

Question

So i've finally took the plunge and upgraded to 1.63.112555 (yay for me)

Most of the issues have been ironed out but I'm still stumped with this one:

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 4;  

Doesn't spawn 4 zeds as i'm assuming its supposed to do, per player.  Instead it's like World War Z in major cities and airfields, with dozens of zeds (upwards of 20) in some cases just swarming at you from all directions (ok, it's fun don't get me wrong).  What i'm concerned about is that as my server repopulates again, with even 10 players we're going to see massive lag issues.  I'm getting these swarms, with just me in-game! 

Does anyone know if dayz_maxLocalZombies is even supposed to work now , or has it been phased out for zome swarm protocols.  It's not a massively urgent issue as my server is not even 5 players strong yet, but it will grow quickly as my old timers come back.. So I'd like this fixed before then :)

Any ideas? 

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the tip , I'll try that later today.  Do you know why this is important? I though that the variables.sqf had functions that checked to see if a function had already been defined? Can't take a look right now as I'm at work.  But thanks again :)

Thanks for the tip , I'll try that later today.  Do you know why this is important? I though that the variables.sqf had functions that checked to see if a function had already been defined? Can't take a look right now as I'm at work.  But thanks again :)

Yeah it does, but for some reason a couple variables were defined without this check.

EDIT: 1.0.5.2 will fix this discrepancy.