MaxVehiclelimit not working/going over

squshy7

Question

So, we have a server on dayz.st that we've reset our pbo's back to default after the 1.0.2.1 patch. The only thing that has been modified is the list of vehicles in the dynamic_vehicle.sqf file, and their corresponding soft limits, and we changed our maxvehicle limit to 500.

Our issue right now is this: we noticed after the 1st inital server start up, the number of vehicles that spawned in was around 300, which is fine, as I've read it can take a couple restarts to get to the max number. So we manualy restarted a couple times, and now the number of rows in Object_DATA is well over 500, and keeps increasing by around 20-50 each restart. I can provide a copy of my server_functions.sqf (though it's untouched from dayz.st), my init.sqf and my rpt log if that helps. Unless this is a known issue right now?

EDIT: I suppose a good question to ask also, is if the numbers of individual vehicle limits adds up to more than the maxcehicle limit, does that override the global limit?

3 answers to this question

What the max vehicle does is stop any more vehicles spawning on server start past say 300.

I.e. if you have 300 vehicles + say 100 vehicles bought on the server. There will be 400 vehicles on the server start, but no more will dynamically spawn until the 300 vehicle limit is gone below again.

What the max vehicle does is stop any more vehicles spawning on server start past say 300.

I.e. if you have 300 vehicles + say 100 vehicles bought on the server. There will be 400 vehicles on the server start, but no more will dynamically spawn until the 300 vehicle limit is gone below again.

Oh I understand this, that's not my issue. Our server isn't even opened up to the public yet. What I'm saying is that every time I manually restart my server the number of dynamically spawned vehicles goes up past the max limit, as indicated by the number of rows in object_data. I know these are dynamic vehicles and not purchased ones, as our server is locked down right now, and we're only testing on it.