Server.pbo suggestion

DeanReid

If your reading this Devd, may I make a little suggestion, of a possible server.pbo without any of the "fake"hive calls as diag_log's  or perhaps possibly make it so that hive calls go to  a separate file, I'm trying to debug problems with a new server I'm working on, but all I can see is CHILD: and it is really tedious, I could go through them myself and completely remove them but I'd rather not, I just think it would make it easier to read errors, but also have the "fake"hive calls in a separate file to make it look nicer so to speak :P plus, I broke my server file last time I just commented them out somehow :/

Those "fake" hive calls are what writer.pl is looking for. Windows version calls the extension hiveext.dll with the child-key, but on linux there is no such dll file because the output of the server is parsed by writer.pl. Writer.pl checks every single line of the logfile for the word CHILD: and if it is found, then the script tries to find out what number the child method uses and what data is appended and passes this to the correlating function. So if you remove the lines with the diag_log then the server wo'nt work anymore.

writer.pl ist the linux version of hiveext.dll