Make Arma Not War Contest Update?

WagsFTW

Hey everyone, just was looking around for an update on the status of the competition. There doesn't seem to be much around? I could just be missing it of course. Went to the Bohemia site, and did my vote, etc. When will the contest end, and how to find out where Epoch stands in contention? Thanks for helping out.

the makearmanotwar competition official site has all the info you asked about. but to help you out here are basic details.

Epoch stands with a promoted score of 1777 - closest competitor is VTN with a promoted score of 576. how ever this is just the voting by supporters and probibly wont reflect the overall compition when BI start doing there reviews. other then that there isn't much to go on as to who is most developed or most complete.

as for the Contest end time it is under the Rules on the website

Terms of the Contest
The Contest is announced on 5th December 2013.
The specific dates for registration and then subsequently Submission of Entries will be announced at a later date on the Contest website.
Submission of Entries will be closed on 28th October 2014 at 12am (GMT+1).
The Winners of the Competition will be announced on 15th January 2015.

or under Prizes and Categories on the about page

The winners of each category will be announced in January 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not clear on the site, so does anyone have details on what the "Submission Deadline" really means in terms of completeness?  I guess what I'm getting at is whether submissions can be "enhanced" or "further developed" beyond that date, or if that deadline is a "hard stop" for the development of submissions.  It would make sense if it is, since otherwise it might give an unfair advantage to those submissions that are evaluated/reviewed later in the process.  This would also lead me to believe that A3 Epoch would need to have a semi-polished version by then, which in turn might mean "beta" availability at that point?  Maybe?  :)

GT

I guess developers might be allowed to continue the project after the deadline, but the mod submitted for the contest should be as advanced as possible in order to have possibilities to win. Although, of course, a total modification like Epoch is much, much harder to make than addons or simpler modifications.