Issue with locked vehicles.

cimi

Okay, i understand that most servers are different due to the scripts installed, but the admin on the server where i play is quite absent so i was hoping that someone here can help me.

1. Died 5 minutes before the restart, so i lost my keys. The admin once said that if the key is gone, when the server restarts the vehicle will be unlocked. Since i lost the keys the server restarted twice....My stuff is still locked, do i have to wait more time? Or what can i do? Locked vehicles are also indestructible so i can't get rid of them from my base :(

2. The server advertises itself as having "key changer 1.4". I had a keymakers kit yet i couldn't make a master key. The scroll option isn't even there. Is this an issue on my side?

3. On that server there are real tanks for sale (T-72 and T-90) yet they cost 50 gems. How do i even hold 50 gems in my inventory?

4. Few months ago i found a Hotwire Kit on the server i played at that moment. Are those items still available in 1.0.4.2 ? I really want to access my vehicles -_-

Sorry to bother you and thank you for any answers.

Vehicles are locked after a reset.  Unlocking them would be a disaster.

Keymaster scripts usually need gold in the inventory or whatever cost comes with making an additional key.  You need all required components to get the menu to appear.

You can't have 50 gems in your inventory, your Admin is either messing with you or needs further education on how ARMA works.  Judging by the "vehicles are unlocked after a reset" logic I would say the Admin is pretty new at this.  (Unless we can stack 10 gems into an empty briefcase now, haven't tested it.)

Hotwire kits are on police/officer zombies still.  The loot chance is low, I find that people will usually be able to replace the contents of their vehicles 2 or 3 times before they can loot a single hotwire kit. 

For example a guy farmed barracks for a hotwire kit for almost 2 weeks to get into his car.  His partner made over 20 briefcases in that time.

Hope this helps.

Well, the vehicles are unlocked on restart if the key is lost...Or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

If the key is still on the map the vehicles are locked after restart.

And i had more than 20 briefcases in one of the cars -_- i was moving stuff from a temporary base..also cinder, mortar, metal poles... Tried to park too close to a wall and when i exited the vehicle i died.

Lost key from a Black Hawk, one Lav25 and one Armored Suv...The "good" part is that now my vehicles are inside my base and people can't get in....but i still have to do something.

Will try the keymaker thing with some Tin in my inventory...

You'll need the admin or a hotwire kit to unlock the vehicle to retrieve your stuff. Once you get a new vehicle back to base... Make sure before using it you make a copy of the key, using tin and a keymaster kit.

Most of us players learn that the hard way :)

251 zombies killed...about 30 policemans i think...Farming the hotwire kits at one airfield... I wish that they will spawn just policemans

Anyway, i was lucky enough to find a Fuel Pump (these things were removed at some point, right? ) and one Combo Lock.

The most annoying thing about making keys is that you require fire... and i'm too lazy to make one, i never loot matchboxes and so on...

Are there other ways more effective than just mowing down the entire airfield?

251 zombies killed...about 30 policemans i think...Farming the hotwire kits at one airfield... I wish that they will spawn just policemans

Anyway, i was lucky enough to find a Fuel Pump (these things were removed at some point, right? ) and one Combo Lock.

The most annoying thing about making keys is that you require fire... and i'm too lazy to make one, i never loot matchboxes and so on...

Are there other ways more effective than just mowing down the entire airfield?

ive personally never found a single hotwire kit on a zombie.

Not sure if fuel pumps were removed but i'm jelly. I want one so bad!

As for fire you can make a burning barrel to save time / energy by crating one with an empty fuel barrel, a couple jerry cans and some piles of wood. A burning barrel doesn't require matches to light, nor more wood each time you light it. Plus it stays there forever so no need to make a new fire each time you need to copy one key or boil some water etc.

Good luck finding a hotwire kit. Let us know if you ever find one. I gave up a long time ago but it still bugs me since I have to pass by my locked fishing boat full of crap... including my old red chainsaw. Now I deal with the pink one I found.

@Flosstradamus

So it is possible that my stuff will get unlocked in ~24 hours or so? That's good to know ^^ thanks.

Not sure how useful is that fuelpump... i had a fuel ural truck, and when i got near that truck i got an option to refuel.... Dunno if the fuel is limited in a fuel truck...

Thanks for the fire making tip... at the moment i locked all keys inside a safe.

473 zombies killed >.> Found 2 large gun bags and nothing else important... Those police zombies really love dropping slugs...slugs and bandages...

Sorry for the double post, but this thing is worth mentioning:

Got the Hotwire Kit !!!

It took me 612 zombies to kill, about 80-100 of those were officers.

I wasted about 35 ammo clips. (M240)  (i was really pissed off at those zombies ^^)

Other stuff i got:

1 Document (YEY)

1 Fuel Pump  (found it inside a hangar)

2 Large GunBags (1 inside a hangar, one inside a barrack)

2 Combo locks

Lifetime supply of slugs.

@FJack

Yep, already sold the locked vehicles,

Anyway, it' good that the hotwire kit has such a low drop chance, if it would be any higher people would use those to steal stuff... this way you farm hotwire kits only if you really need one.

Well, good luck farming one, but please watch a movie or something while  doing it... ^^