A good Use for Radiationzones [Overpoch][WIP]

Creep

Hey Guys,

today I finished a really simple but effective Script that uses the epoch radiationzones.

Overpoch got the Stalker Skins that are used to avoid radiation in my case.

I sell them using the SkinTrader Mod.

So I placed a Marker on the Map which triggers the DZE_Quarantine variable to get true.

this means you will loose blood and get a shaking cam effect.

to prevent getting this effect you need to wear the stalker skinns which have a gasmask on them or the scientist ones. 

Its possible to do this using special Items for the normal epoch mod.

Its a great possibility to get a certain zone even harder to clear. I have used it to build a AI Zone in combination with the Bunkertrader and the Bankrobbery just modified to get the right feeling.

Now I wanted to ask you guys if you are interessted in this mod, so I could work a bit on it and finally release it.

Creep

PS:

Current state:

Get on an island which suffers from AI and radiation

clear the outer area to get into their bunker

find their supplies and robb them

find the hostages that sells you endgame content for cheap for saving him

I thought up a good use for radiation when building in a remote location. I wanted an option to kind of "funnel" potential enemies a specific way if they were to approach my base. I thought, if there were lot pole type objects with radiation warnings that would emit radiation (with the effects you describe) within a certain radius then we could deter looters and/or make them choose a route to our base that we determine.

Essentially a customizable moat of radiation.

So I love your idea!

I guess triggering it via buildables is possible, I just preferred the trigger because they also shout out Texts:

Going inside the critical radius: My Geiger counter starts to make noises, I should get a Gasmask.

Going out of it: Everythings fine again.

Unfortunatly the radiationzones of epoch were planned for a much bigger radius, so getting it to work for bases would mean that there would be serveral radii needed

Thanks for your suggestion, Iam onto that!

• 2 weeks later...