Compressed PBO Files - How?

Donnovan

Question

Hi,

Sometimes my server have lag because of too many persons connecting at the same time and downloading the mission files, so a compressed mission file PBO will decrease download size and avoid lag.

Is it possible to have a compressed PBO mission file?

Thankyou in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Sometimes my server have lag because of too many persons connecting at the same time and downloading the mission files, so a compressed mission file PBO will decrease download size and avoid lag.

Is it possible to have a compressed PBO mission file?

Thankyou in advance.

Yes.

my mission folder: 1.16mb

pbo: 980kb

google: pbo commander

hambeast, i was expecting more compression. As a test i used 7-Zip in my mission files and i get a 240 Kb file from 1000 Kb of umcompressed data. The paa images also compressed really really well, for my surprise.

Thakyou guys, i will try the two things.

Edit:

Can't find PBO Commander, but found a PBO plugin for a File Manager with the name Total Commander. Is this one?

Edit 2:

The solution in Edit only works if i disable the compression option. Tried to compress the default files and then only the sqf files and not worked, i get stuck on the loading screen whit this error on Arma 2 OA cliente log file:

Checksum

Error decoding dayz_code\init\variables.sqf from mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\

Checksum

Error decoding dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf from mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\

Checksum

Error decoding custom\walkamongstthedead\config.sqf from mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayClientGetReady/controls/B_Cancel

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayClientGetReady/controls/B_Continue

Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852

Checksum

Error decoding ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf from mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\

ScriptVM file mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf cannot be opened!

Compression is good, from 900Kb to 403Kb.

Oh man...

Anyone with some light? Thankyou in advance.

PS.:

It's not the case i don't want to do the work my self, i'm working on that for some hours now, and i belive compression was abandoned on newer revisions of PBO files that are used on newer tittles like Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA. Hope this help someone with the same idea.

If you believe someone is trying to make you free work for him, for sure this someone is not an unknow person from the internet.

Thankyou.