Overpoch on linux

Dew

Hey Guys, 

i have some trouble to get the Overpoch server running on linux with the devd release. Maybe anyone can help me to get this working.

i followed these steps http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11546-epoch-overwatch/

renamed the epoch.sh to overpoch.sh and added @dayzoverwatch to the -mod

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/usr/lib32:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH;./epoch -server -mod="@dayzoverwatch;@dayz_epoch;@dayz_epoch_server;" -config="cfgdayz/server.cfg" -cfg="cfgdayz/basic.cfg" -port=2303 -beta="expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion" -noSound -noPause -world=Chernarus -profiles=cfgdayz -name=cfgdayz -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -showscripterrors -pid=2303.pid 2>&1 | ./writer.pl
renamed the 2302.pid to 2303.pid 

changed the this 2 lines in the restarter.pl
use constant PORT      => 2302; # Change it with epoch.sh
use constant PATH      => '/home/dayz/arma2arrowhead/'; # Set your epoch server dir

to 

use constant PORT      => 2303; # Change it with epoch.sh
use constant PATH      => '/home/dayz/arma2overpoch/'; # Set your epoch server dir
the problem is now when i start the server with the restarter.pl i get the error message. (the @dayzoverwatch folder is in /home/dayz/arma2overpoch/)
Cannot open file '/home/dayz/arma2overpoch/@dayzoverwatch\addons\sbh_paranoia.pbo

regards 

this fixed my problem ... and the server runs overpoch   :D

run this command

for x in *; do mv $x `echo $x | tr [A-Z] [a-z]`; done

in my arma folders

/home/dayz/arma2overpoch/

/home/dayz/arma2overpoch/@dayzoverwatch

/home/dayz/arma2overpoch/@dayzoverwatch/addons

Hm, ./tolower should do the same thing?

Your error message... Cannot open file '/home/dayz/arma2overpoch/@dayzoverwatch\addons\sbh_paranoia.pbo

...looks a bit like having normal slashes and backslashes in the command. Maybe it's just how the command shows it, but looks like copied from windows.

But if it is running now, should be ok :)

• 3 months later...